Willamette Valley Vineyard is looking for an energetic, team player to join our fast-paced kitchen. This is a full-time position that will include weekdays and weekends.
The main responsibility of this position is to assist the Executive Winery Chef in maintaining all kitchen operations, including but not limited to, preparing food, serving, cleaning, and preparing menus. Accurately and efficiently cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, and other food products.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Order, stock, process, and prepare ingredients as necessary to prepare menu items.
- Prepare food items prior to and during meal time periods.
- Prepare/butcher a wide variety of meats, cheese, produce, and other food products on a daily basis.
- Maintain service areas such as kitchen, dining room, and service stations during the entire shift.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products to ensure smooth service.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Inform Executive Winery Chef of any and all unusual matters of significance.
- Resolve issues related to kitchen operations under the direction of the Executive Winery Chef.
- Ensure that all plates presented are consistently prepared through recipes, checklists, and pictures.
- Apply knowledge of safe kitchen operations.
- Operate all kitchen utensils to include, but not limited to, fryer, pots, pans, stove, oven, grill, dishwasher, broiler, griddle, slicer, mixers, blenders, graters, can openers, and knives.
- Apply knowledge of state and local food handling requirements.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental, and safety regulatory considerations
- Assist with month-end inventories.
- Attend meetings as required by the Retail Operations Manager or the Executive Winery Chef.
- Supports Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural and “green” environment
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed. Assist in developing policies and procedures as needed.
- Collaborate with all department managers towards profitability and help drive the vision and mission of WVV.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Retail Operations Manager or the Executive Winery Chef.
- •Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Current Food Handlers permit
- Two to four years of related experience, training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to stand for the majority of the workday.
- Able to work in extreme heat, wet, cold, and humid conditions.
- Available to work evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have highly-developed organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, and build dynamics and synergy across departments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to use standard CRM, POS systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Thorough understanding and genuine interest in the luxury wine business and terminology.
- Ability to educate customers about food and wine with passion