The role of the bather is a little bit wrangler, a little bit lifeguard and a little bit sloppy kiss getter. You’ll help our canine guests feel their best and go home smelling like a new dog. You help our friends smile when their pet parents come to pick them up because they feel like a million bucks. You’ll get wet. You’ll have some fur on you. You’ll probably be exhausted, but you also enjoy the joy of seeing our furry friends be a whole new dog! And let’s not forget -- you’re probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
- Ensure that all guests are bathed and that client’s requests are met (within our limitations as a bather)
- Bath services include: Bathing pet per pet parents request, brush out, drying, Nail trims, and ear cleaning.
- Bathers are not to give haircuts of any kind. This includes but isn’t limited to sanitary trims, and feet/feathers.
- Baths must be completed in a timely manner. Time management is key to be a successful bather.
- Properly maintain all bathing supplies.
- Promptly notify the manager if supplies are needed (ear cleaner, shampoos, etc). Take inventory of items weekly to ensure we do not run out of products.
- Monitor guest’s health while bathing. Report any unusual concerns to a lead, manager on duty, or General Manager
* 401 (k)
* 401 (k) matching
* Employee assistance program
* Health savings account
* Paid time off
* Health, dental, vision, life insurance
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping.
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound.
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently.
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.