Do you have a passion for cooking, food, and wine? Are you interested in being part of a world-class team committed to promoting from within? If so, Willamette Valley Vineyards is looking for an energetic team player and customer-focused individual to be part of our Happy Valley Tasting Room and Restaurant. This is your opportunity to join Willamette Valley Vineyards, the company that sets the standard for Willamette Valley Pinot Noir and learns about our place in the Oregon Wine Story.
Expected opening in October. There is an option to work at our Lake Oswego location until the opening of our Happy Valley location.
Primary Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Order, stock, process, and prepare ingredients as necessary to prepare menu items.
- Prepare food items prior to and during mealtime periods.
- Prepare/butcher a wide variety of meats, cheese, produce, and other food products on a daily basis.
- Maintain service areas such as kitchen, dining room, and service stations during the entire shift.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products to ensure smooth service.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Inform the Tasting Room and Restaurant Chef of any and all unusual matters of significance.
- Resolve issues related to kitchen operations under the direction of the Tasting Room and Restaurant Chef.
- Ensure that all plates presented are consistently prepared through recipes, checklists, and pictures.
- Apply knowledge of safe kitchen operations.
- Operate all kitchen utensils to include, but not limited to, fryer, pots, pans, stove, oven, grill, dishwasher, broiler, griddle, slicer, mixers, blenders, graters, can openers, and knives.
- Apply knowledge of state and local food handling requirements.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental, and safety regulatory considerations.
- Assist with month-end inventories.
- Attend meetings as required by Management.
- Supports Company’s effort to create a more sustainable, cross-cultural, and “green” environment.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed. Assist in developing policies and procedures as needed.
- Collaborate with all department managers towards profitability and help drive the vision and mission of Willamette Valley Vineyards.
- Other tasks as assigned by Management.
- A valid/current Food Handler’s Card, or be willing to get one prior to opening.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly developed organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Must be able to:
- Lift 40lbs.
- Able to stand for the majority of the workday.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to work in extreme heat, wet, cold, and humid conditions.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Multitask, work independently, and as part of a team.
- Build team dynamics and synergy across departments.
- Must be
- Independently motivated to identify and resolve issues, at the department level.
- Thorough understanding or a genuine interest in luxury food and wine business, wine terminology, and Hospitality.
- Ability to educate customers about food and wine with passion, not pretension.
Willamette Valley Vineyards is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
- NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract, express or implied. The content of this material is not all-inclusive but is for informational purposes only.