Are you ready to turn up the heat and join an exciting team? Legendary Dreamland BBQ is looking for a friendly hostess who are passionate about providing an exceptional guest experience and a desire to positively impact our community. If this sounds like you then come be a part of our rich traditions where you'll have the opportunity to submerge yourself in our authentic Southern hospitality.
Our Success Starts With You! Check out these great benefits!
- Schedule Flexibility
- Free Employee Meal
- Weekly pay
- Paid Vacation
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for qualifying employees
- Ongoing training to build critical skills for current and future roles
- Employee Referral Program
- Management career advancement opportunities (Most of our managers are promoted from hourly positions!)
Dreamland BBQ’s core purpose is to preserve traditions with food, fun, and family memories along with:
- DRIVE THE EXTRA 45! We make the extra effort to provide a memorable guest experience and provide exceptional food quality. Our best work happens when we act in the service of others.
- HONOR THE COMMUNITY! We support our employees, our community and our guests with honor and respect.
- RESPECT THE FOUNDATION AND PASS IT ON! We are still built on the cooking methods founded in Tuscaloosa in 1958 and stay true to them and honor the legacy by sharing our history with guests, family, and team members.
- IT’S ALWAYS GAMEDAY! We come prepared to start each day with a positive attitude and preparedness.
The Hostess is expected to:
- Welcome arriving guests, seat them, and provide menus
- Have good communication skills, a friendly personality, and the ability to respond to customers’ needs
- Be a team player, pitching in to help other servers as needed including taking drink orders if needed
- Monitor guest waiting list
- Various task including clearing tables and replacing condiments on tables, and makes sure tables are clean and set before customers are seated.
Prior experience preferred, but we're willing to train the right candidate. Candidates must have exceptional multitasking skills and be able to work in a fast-paced environment, able to lift 25 lbs. or more, stand and walk for extended periods of time, able to bend, kneel, and lift tray overhead.