JOB SUMMARY: To ensure friendly, timely, and professional customer service to all guests that shop at Packo’s Gift Shops.
- Initiate a cheerful and sincere contact with each guest.
- Interact with guests in a friendly, professional manner by answering all questions MUST have strong merchandising skills.
- Ensuring accurate recording of all sales in the register
- Able to perform basic math operations without the aid of a calculator if needed
- Able to grasp ideas quickly, able to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Develop good working relationships with coworkers, demonstrating cooperation and teamwork to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report any irregularities to management with respect to guest behavior, sanitation concerns, employee relations, and equipment problems as they occur.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Energetic and customer service oriented to provide prompt, friendly, and courteous service to all customers. This position requires organizational skills to ensure guest satisfaction. Minimum one year retail experience is required.
HUMAN RELATIONS: This position is in continuous interaction with customers and coworkers; therefore, must demonstrate a friendly, cooperative, and professional attitude at all times.
SUPERVISION: Able to work with limited supervision. The nature of the position is such that it is performed to a large extent on their own responsibility after assignment. Unusual problems are referred to the Manager on Duty.
REPORTS TO: Gift Shop Manager/Manager on Duty
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The ability to handle stressful situations regarding customer satisfaction and the ability to work for extended hours on one’s feet is necessary. Some lifting (up to 35 lbs.) and bending is required to maintain a clean work environment and to stock the gift shop area.