Marketing Intern Job Description
Marketing interns are aspiring marketing professionals who are usually just at the beginning of their careers. They assist in general marketing operations, often under the direct supervision of a marketing manager. They can serve a variety of roles inside your organization, but their duties typically include preparing marketing proposals, hosting events, and researching relevant market trends.
Marketing Intern Job Description Template
Our company is looking to offer an energetic and self-motivated individual the opportunity to work as an intern with our marketing team. If you're an ambitious person who is interested in a career in marketing, we'd love to work with you. Our internship will help you build a fruitful career in social media or content marketing. As an intern, you will be expected to prepare promotional presentations, monitor social platforms, and conduct market analysis. You’ll work under the supervision of one of our marketing managers.
Our ideal internship candidates are excellent communicators and can multitask well. You should also have good organizational abilities and be able to juggle several priorities in a fast-paced work environment. Successful candidates should also have in-depth knowledge of current marketing techniques and social media platforms.
Marketing Intern Responsibilities:
- Perform market analysis and research
- Assist with daily administrative tasks
- Design and present new social media campaigns
- Design and present new marketing campaigns
- Monitor all social media platforms for current news, trends, ideas, and content feedback
- Prepare detailed promotional presentations
- Help with event planning
- Host and prepare for marketing events
- Research and evaluate competitor marketing material and digital content
- Help with the creation of mock-ups
- Help create and manage email campaigns and social media content
Marketing Intern Requirements:
- Current enrollment in an Undergraduate course in Marketing, Communications, or a similar field
- Familiarity with marketing software
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a passion for marketing and marketing technologies
- Must be able to multitask and handle competing priorities
Marketing Intern FAQ:
What Does a Marketing Intern Do?
Marketing interns can be considered relatively flexible members of your team. The goal of accepting an internship is twofold. On the one hand, your organization benefits from fresh eyes and assistance on upcoming tasks and market monitoring. Your intern should also receive career-building experience that will help them advance as professionals as well as building the professional connections needed for a career in marketing.
While working with you, interns can help identify marketing needs, design marketing material, and work with your other team member to monitor and evaluate active marketing efforts.
Can I Customize Your Marketing Intern Position Description?
You’re absolutely allowed to customize our marketing intern description. In fact, we encourage you to make any edits that will add particularity to your listing. Details about the nature of the position, how long it lasts, and any additional or different job duties will help potential interns decide if your company is a good fit for them. Customization is a good way to stand out from the crowd and attract the best candidates.
What Information Should I Include When I Advertise a Marketing Intern Job?
The goal of your job listing is to help candidates decide whether your internship opportunity is a good fit for their skills and needs. It’s important to include information and your company’s requirements and expectations for interns. You should include a description of the educational requirement, desired skills, and what kinds of duties your interns should expect on the job.
It’s a good idea to start by adding as many requirements and duties as you can think of. Then trim down the job listing to the most detailed version it can be, without repetition. Using our formatting and template will help you start with a professional and informative job listing, which can then be customized to better fit the specific internship on offer.