As a SONIC Carhop, you are part of an elite group, filling a role offered by no other company. Being a Carhop (aka super cool food server) is like being an astronaut, only you work in a drive-in restaurant instead of space, and the food’s way better. You’re responsible for serving and delivering that food safely and efficiently, ensuring our guests have a truly out-of-this-world experience at SONIC Drive-In restaurants.
As a SONIC Drive-In Carhop, your primary responsibility is to provide every guest with a SuperSONIC experience by:
- Delivering a warm, friendly, and fast experience to every guest
- Being a menu genius and helping SONIC customers navigate all customizable combinations
- Being empowered to resolve customer concerns, guaranteeing every guest leaves satisfied
- Maintaining SONIC safety and sanitation standards
Depending upon the employment practices of the individual SONIC Drive-In restaurant owner, some SONIC Drive-Ins employ Skating Carhop servers:
- Skating Carhop servers are unique to the SONIC Drive-In restaurant brand and bring a special “surprise and delight” element to the guest experience.
- Skating Carhop servers must complete the SONIC Skating Training Program.
- Upon successful completion of this program, Skating Carhops perform the above duties while roller skating.
Additional Carhop/Skating Carhop server Qualifications…
- Friendly and smiling faces that enjoy providing courteous service to our restaurant guests!
- A willingness to cross-train on all the stations – it never gets boring here!
- A team player keen on cleanliness and safety.
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee’s knees, cruisin’ . . . you get the picture! It’s downright sensational!!
All that’s missing is you, so APPLY TODAY!
SONIC and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Carhop/Skating Carhop server requirements:
- Contagiously positive attitude (You are a SONIC Brand Ambassador!)
- Ability to remain calm, especially in tough situations
- Resilient spirit – knowing everyone makes mistakes and can bounce back from a set-back
- Eagerness to learn and grow
- Team mentality and willingness to help where needed
- Effective communication skills; basic math and reading skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours; night, weekend, and holiday shifts
- 16 years of age