food items (salads, cold appetizers and hot/cold desserts) offered in the restaurant. A Pantry Cook accomplishes all food preparation, cooking methods, procedures and timing to ensure that all food products meet the specifications and quality standards of Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Demand for Excellence
• Reports to work on time and is on the pantry station as indicated on the weekly work schedule. Uniform meets restaurant requirements and is maintained clean. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
• Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift. Immediately reports any unsafe condition or unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to the Chef.
Passion for Hospitality
• Preps and cooks all food to ensure that all items are prepared according to company specifications, recipes, procedures, plate presentation and quality standards. Ensures our guests have a superior dining experience by correctly timing and serving all food product.
• Assists other kitchen personnel in food preparation and side work as assigned by the Chef. Preps all food product according to the standards and procedures stated on the Ruth’s Chris Steak House recipe cards
Hungry to Grow
• Checks, prior to the start of the shift, the par and stock levels of all salad ingredients, cold appetizers, dessert items, condiments, garnishes, equipment, chilled plates and other service plateware and smallwares to ensure sufficient quantity for the demands of the business. Maintains sufficient back-up par levels. Communicates any discrepancies to the Chef.
• Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of each shift. Assists Kitchen Manager and other kitchen personnel in accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
• Sets-up the pantry station to include all cold food items, preparation equipment, smallwares, plateware, food ingredients, garnishes and supply items needed for effective operation of the station. Follows the Pantry Station Checklist for station set-up and stocking. Reports any problems or discrepancies to the Chef on a timely basis.
• Communicates and coordinates with the broiler and side cooks to ensure that all food product is prepared and ready for service at the correct time.
Desire to Win
• Rotates and restocks all pantry food items, condiments, plateware, smallwares, equipment and supplies throughout the shift to ensure sufficient stock and back-up levels for the demands of the business.
• Correctly prepares vegetables for salads; portions and plates salads and desserts and ensures that all food is prepared and served up to Ruth’s Chris standards of quality, presentation and timing.
Requirements & Physical Demands
• Must be able to use of hands and fingers at all times during shift.
• Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8-10 hours.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and respond promptly to needs of guest and team members.
• Must be able to maintain calm demeanor in a fast paced, high intensity environment.
• Must be able to work with extremes temperature changes including working in a walk-in freezer of -10°F.
• Must be able to lift, handle, and carry food, supply, smallwares, equipment, supplies and paper goods up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach, and squat on a frequent basis to receive and store stock, supplies and equipment as well as to work the line during service periods.
Compensation and Benefits
• Compensation: based on experience
• Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family
• Dental and vision insurance coverage
• Paid vacation
• Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
• Team member assistance program
• 401(k) plan
• Meal discount at any Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse restaurant
• Recognition programs for outstanding performance
Benefits available to employees who work an average of 25 hours per week
Individuals interested in career development can seek advancement through the many different resources we provide.