and responsible cashier to manage all transactions with our customers efficiently and accurately.
A good job candidate is a person who knows their way around a cash register and can easily operate it, together with a product scanner. Their main responsibilities include accepting payments and providing receipts, making sure all transactions run smoothly and every customer is satisfied with the service.
The cashier we would like to employ must be able to interact with our customers in a friendly manner, and provide assistance should any customer require it. Excellent communication skills are paramount to help us continue to delight our customers and provide them with an outstanding experience.
A qualified candidate must also be able to follow instructions and be a successful member of our team. Previous experience is an advantage, and solid math and multitasking skills are a must.
Responsibilities of a Cashier:
● Greeting customers when entering and leaving the premises
● Managing transactions using a cash register
● Balancing the cash register
● Scanning goods and making sure pricing and quantities are accurate
● Accepting payments in cash, credit, vouchers, automatic debits, or check
● Providing change and receipts
● Issuing coupons, vouchers, stamps and gift cards
● Processing returns and refunds, and resolving customer complaints
● Bagging and wrapping purchased goods for safe transport
● Upselling and cross-selling when appropriate
● Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas
● Complete other general duties, such as mopping flors, emptying trash cans, filling candy/gum racks, cleaning restrooms, cleaning shelves, inc.
Cashier Job Requirements:
● Must have at least a high school degree
● Experience with POS systems and cash registers
● Basic computer knowledge
● Good math skills
● Excellent communication skills
● Must be able to work nights, holidays and weekends
Ability to effectively resolve complaints
May be asked to carry 50 lbs. for a length of 20 feet
May need to be able to push 50 lbs.
May need to be able to pull 50 lbs.
Must be able to bend, squat, climb and lift objects overhead
Must be able to tolerate temperature differentials
Must be able to work nights, holidays and weekends
Full Time Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Individual and Family Life Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Medical Bridge Coverage
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Referral bonus