Leads the team in the development and implementation of hotel-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key Guests and is involved in the sales process.
1. Optimize and maximize Guest and Associate experiences.
2. Responsible for the overall success of the hotel, using strong leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profits, and ensure quality.
3. Effectively manage and motivate Associates to ensure achievement of overall financial results, Guest Satisfaction, and Associate Satisfaction.
4. Champion of the hotel’s internal and external communications and record-keeping.
• Aggressively pursue revenue goals, effectively utilize yield management and revenue maximization tools, and prepare and manage the annual budget.
• Effectively manage and control all operational expenses, enforce Company procurement guidelines, and seek and implement cost saving strategies.
3) Asset Protection
• Ensure the maximum value of the hotel asset including the physical structure as well as all contents therein, through appropriate care and maintenance. Use good judgment to make appropriate decisions which may impact the long-term value of the asset. Ensure all licenses are up to date and the property is in compliance with all applicable codes and ordinances.
• Guest Service: Ensure that the hotel meets or exceeds JSK Hospitality and Brand Standards for Guest Satisfaction.
• Training: Analyze service and quality issues, identify training needs, ensure implementation of training programs to optimize results, and adhere to the Company’s training guidelines and policies.
5) Sales & Marketing:
• Provide leadership support and direction to the sales and revenue management teams, take an active role in the preparation and implementation of the hotel’s Annual Marketing Plan, make sales calls to key accounts, and capitalize on all revenue opportunities.
6) Community Involvement:
• Ensure good standing in the community by developing and maintaining relationships with the Chamber of Commerce, the Convention and Visitors Bureau, other hotels, local schools, local government, and other community and civic organizations.
• Lead the hotel team to contribute to the local community in a charitable way by participating in service opportunities in the area surrounding the hotel.
• Leading: Motivate, coach, and train team members, set goals and hold team members accountable, and provide appropriate feedback, rewards, and recognition.
• Work Ethic: Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment, and adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Maintain a professional image and support the Company in actions and words at all times.
2. Maintain a hotel atmosphere consistent with the Company’s standards for professionalism and total quality Guest service.
3. Maintain open channels of communication with upper management, fellow co-workers, Associates, and Guests.
4. Address Guests’ complaints in a manner which results in superior Guest service.
5. Handle any emergencies at the hotel, following procedures for notifying the proper Company management and civil authorities when necessary.
6. Actively enforce all safety policies to protect Associates, Guests, and Company Assets.
7. Ensure safety policies and procedures are known and followed by all Associates.
8. Develop and implement the approved business plan to attain and exceed financial goals.
9. Maintain high personal visibility throughout the property.
10. Gain and maintain thorough knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
11. Actively manage the hotel’s performance against key performance metrics. Train all members of the management team to understand and perform the same process.
12. Assess and ensure regular and timely performance reviews for all hotel Associates and facilitate the processing of all personnel records.
13. Review and approve hotel sales goals and hotel sales action plans. Closely monitor sales activities.
14. Manage relationships with decision makers at top accounts.
15. Review Smith Travel Research (STR) reports.
16. Balance inventory to ensure same-day sellouts.
17. Manage on-property controllable costs.
18. Conduct analysis for period-end review with Regional Director.
19. Review and approve invoices.
20. Ensure the hotel is QA-ready at all times.
21. Review and follow up on property Guest Satisfaction scores and comments.
22. Tour the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.
23. Personally complete required training.
24. Ensure ongoing development of staff.
25. Ensure that all property equipment is in good working condition.
1. 4-year college degree or equivalent, related experience
2. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
1. Well-groomed and professional in appearance.
2. Willing to work on weekends and holidays if required.
3. Effective communication skills.
4. Good listener.
5. Open with praise, discreet with criticism.
6. Rational, prudent, and practical.