highest quality of service in a friendly and efficient manner. Also responsible for taking orders, serving food and drinks, answering inquiries about the menu and fulfilling the wishes of the guest, as well as suggestively selling food and drinks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Demand for Excellence
• Report to work on time and in proper uniform, with required server tools. Maintains professional demeanor, a clean and presentable uniform, and practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all shifts.
• Attends to guests needs when delivering food and checks back with guests to ensure their satisfaction. Observes guests throughout meal to anticipate needs.
• Maintains table appearance by pre-bussing, checking drink levels, removing clutter and providing extra napkins if necessary.
Passion for Hospitality
• Takes drink order at guest greeting and delivers beverages promptly. Makes recommendations, takes orders, and repeats orders to guests for clarification and to ensure accuracy.
• Serves guests and create a warm and fun atmosphere for both guests and fellow team members.
• Presents bill upon removal of last plate, upon request, or in a timely manner. Acts as cashier by accepting payment and providing accurate change or credit card sign off slip within 1-3 minutes of guest payment.
Hungry to Grow
• Maintains a positive working relationship with all team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working atmosphere.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with Company policies.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by manager.
• Maintains orderliness of wait staff stocking area and notifies manager of any shortages. Sets up stocking area, restocks and prepares stocking area at closing for startup the next day.
• Follows appropriate accounting procedures for closing checks, promo items, employee discounts and gift certificates.
• Knowledgeable and stands ready to answer any questions about food and drinks including ingredients of entrées, preparations and accompanying items.
Desire to Win
• Correctly enters all orders into POS system quickly and in proper sequence and uses appropriate abbreviations and changes to ensure clarity to kitchen.
• Keeps manager fully informed of all problems, issues or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action.
• Keeps wait station clean. Sets up and takes down wait station according to opening and closing procedures.
Requirements & Physical Demands
• Must maintain a current valid permit to serve alcohol as required by the State of Indiana.
• Must be able to use fingers to operate POS system, make change and use credit card transactions accurately.
• Must be able to carry trays, and lift and handle supplies, smallwares and equipment weighing up to 35 pounds.
• Must be able to walk or stand exert well-paced mobility during entire shift (approx. 6-8 hours).
• Must have good sense of balance, be physically able to reach, bend, kneel, squat and stoop on a frequent basis.
• Must be able to hear well with loud background noise.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to guests, and other team members.
• Must be able to calmly respond to agitated and/or angry guests.
Compensation and Benefits
• Compensation: based on experience
• Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family
• Dental and vision insurance coverage
• Paid vacation
• Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
• Team member assistance program
• 401(k) plan
• Meal discount at any Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse restaurant
• Recognition programs for outstanding performance
Benefits available to employees who work an average of 25 hours per week
Individuals interested in career development can seek advancement through the many different resources we provide.