a timely manner, and acknowledging and thanking guest as they depart the Café in a professional and courteous manner creating a positive and welcoming first impression to all guests. A Host will also responsible for managing a wait list when necessary, and cleaning menus as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Demand for Excellence
• Reports to work on time and in proper uniform. Maintains a professional cheerful, courteous demeanor, a clean and presentable uniform, and practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
• Continuously observe tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables. Assists other team members with the busing and cleaning of tables as necessary to maintain a clean dining area.
• Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of each shift.
Passion for Hospitality
• Promptly greets guests upon entering the Café with a friendly smile and assists in any way possible while they are waiting to be seated. Interacts with guests as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience and invite them to return.
• Maintains waiting list and coordinates seating with FOH team members to ensure prompt attentive service to guest.
• Answers telephone properly, with a positive friendly tone, and answers questions as needed.
Hungry to Grow
• Fully understands the phrase “Sense of Urgency” and works to that level at all times, especially during the busiest hours of operation. Always strives to exceed guest’s expectations.
• Maintains a positive working relationship with all team members to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious environment.
• Performs other duties as directed or requested.
• Guides guests as soon as possible to appropriate table. Positively interacts with guests while seating them, answering any questions they may have and offering additional assistance as necessary. Arranges for a booster seat/high chair as needed.
• Notifies manager of any guest that is perceived to be unhappy. Assists FOH team members as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Desire to Win
• Maintains host/hostess station in a clean and organized manner free of clutter. Ensures all menus are clean. Restocks necessary supplies (i.e. napkins, napkin bands, silverware) and ensures all supplies are kept up to required levels. Informs manager of supply shortages and discusses problem areas with manager.
• Sweeps foyer and front entrance area frequently and in a manner that is not disruptive to guests. Inspects restrooms every hour and maintains cleanliness standards.
• Keeps manager fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary.
Requirements & Physical Demands
• Must be able to understand and read menus.
• Must be able to determine appropriate wait times based upon Company policy and procedures.
• Must be able to continuously move fingers and use hands to operate telephone and computer system.
• Must be able to carry trays, and lift and handle supplies, smallwares and equipment weighing up to 35 pounds.
• Must be able to walk or stand exert well-paced mobility during entire shift (approx. 6-8 hours).
• Must have good sense of balance, be physically able to reach, bend, kneel, squat and stoop on a frequent basis.
• Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and perform cleaning duties.
• Must be able to articulate clear greetings and goodbyes to guest, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance.
• Must be able to clearly communicate guests’ needs to other team members.
• Must be able to hear well in a loud environment in order to answer telephone and respond to guest requests.
• Must be able to calmly respond to angry guests and notify manager of situation.
Compensation and Benefits
• Compensation: based on experience
• Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family
• Dental and vision insurance coverage
• Paid vacation
• Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
• Team member assistance program
• 401(k) plan
• Meal discount at any Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse restaurant
• Recognition programs for outstanding performance
Benefits available to employees who work an average of 25 hours per week
Individuals interested in career development can seek advancement through the many different resources we provide.