occasion. The Technician coordinates daily with the Lead Tech and generally works an 8 hour day 5 days a week. Some out of town work is done on occasion. Service work and warranty work are also items completed by the technician.
Hourly $18-26 per hour depending on experience
Benefits Offered: Medical Insurance thru Select Health
Employment type: Full-Time
• Install and program new systems
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues with alarms and security systems
• Identify risk to customers and provide effective solutions
• Conduct routine preventative maintenance on alarm systems
• Monitor inventory of service parts and daily follow company policies to track inventory
To perform the job successfully, the applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Understand phases of construction
• Able to read or be trained to read and comprehend blueprints, project instructions and company forms
• Responsible for the day to day quality of installations and overall customer satisfaction
• Installs all necessary devices and equipment
• Wires up head end panels once trained on systems
• Installs all types of camera equipment
• Computer Skills: Ability to use a laptop computer to email and program IP addresses into devices and cameras (will train to do so)
• Education, Experience & Abilities: • Must have 2 years experience in installation of electronic security systems or similar experience
• Experience installing and troubleshooting access control, alarm equipment, CCTV systems, computer network systems are required
• Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions
• Ability to write correspondence about job progress. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Written and spoken fluency in English language required.
• Install, repair, test, maintain and troubleshooting of security projects as needed.
• Provide field customer service and represent Procom Security in a professional manner.
• Ensure compliance with all State and Federal and job site safety regulations.
• Knowledge of installing/pulling cable and wire.
• Knowledge of mounting panels, field devices, computers, power supplies.
• Prepare for programming, set-up, testing systems.
• Basic knowledge of electronic theory, and low voltage electrical wiring
You are frequently required to walk. You are required to stand and reach with hands and arms. You must be able to safely move and lift materials and equipment weighing up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision, distant vision, and peripheral vision. You must be capable of frequently bending, kneeling, crawling and stooping while working. You will be required to work from high places such as roofs, ceilings, ladders, as well as from crawl spaces and other limited spaces within and outside of commercial businesses.
Certificates, Licensees and Registrations:
• Burglar Alarm License (can be obtained while working)
• Current and Valid Utah Drivers License and Clean Driving Record
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
• Pass a background check and successfully apply for or possess a Burglar Alarm Company Employee License issued through the state of Utah
Procom Security, has been serving customers in Utah since 2004. Procom is an independently owned access control, security alarm and CCTV integrator. Procom Security specializes in all forms of modern high end commercial and industrial electronic security technologies and integration including alarm and entry systems, network video surveillance and card access. We provide state of the art security solutions from design to integration.