continuing growth, we are looking for individuals who are looking for steady and predictable work that have the capacity to grow with our organization. We offer the following benefits:
· Quarterly Performance and Perfect Attendance Bonuses
· Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
· FSA and HSA
· 401k Plans WITH 50% match up to 12% of base salary
· Tuition Reimbursement job related courses
· Company paid life insurance, short-term & long-term disability
Responsible for the purchasing and inventory of maintenance parts and supplies. Negotiate and interact with suppliers, customers, manufacturers and internal department personnel. Must also be familiar with the department equipment, personnel and be aware of quality criteria.
Duties and Responsibilities
• PURCHASING: Purchase items, materials and/or services of a technical and specialized nature. The incumbent will deal with suppliers and manufacturers for purchases and returns of goods involving many different quantities, obtaining the best value possible. This requires the incumbent to be skilled in areas of technical purchases, shipping and transportation and be required to keep abreast of market fluctuations and new product developments. Ability to locate new sources of supply. Additionally, the incumbent must possess the required analytical skills to assess and evaluate suppliers.
• INVENTORY: Responsible for the daily inventory of parts and supplies in the parts room and the lubricant storage area. This includes a physical inventory of all parts or supplies moved on a daily basis, determine
• min./max levels, adjusting transactions in the computerized inventory system and requisitioning restock when below min. levels.
• SHIPPING/RECEIVING/TRAFFIC: The incumbent will organize and coordinate the parts and equipment for repair and the transportation/delivery services to and from Alpha. Will also be responsible for expediting repair requests and warranties.
• CLERICAL: Will interface with Accounting to ensure invoice discrepancies are resolved and properly documented.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma – Associate Degree in Business preferred.
• Five (5) years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experiences are preferred.
Successful Skills and Attributes
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Computer skills – ability to use Window based software packages.
• Knowledge of purchasing technical supplies.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Stable work history.
• Good organizational and decision making skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Cooperative/positive outlook towards work.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers; talk and hear.
The work environment is typical of most office environments; occasionally, the position will be required to be on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy which requires the use of safety PPE to include but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection and hair/beard nets.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to a particular position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required and personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent may be required to perform other duties as required by the position and/or department supervision.