that include: Card access, IP Cameras, Intrusion Alarm, Fire alarm, Data Cabling. Nurse call, audio-video related work may also be done on occasion.
• coordinate daily with the office to schedule service calls.
• visit new construction sites to ensure the quality of projects and assist technicians with system installations and programming.
• troubleshoot systems remotely and resolve programming issues remotely.
• onsite service calls to solve complex issues.
• assist on sales site visits when needed and help with system design.
• inventory control and cost control.
• training technicians.
•ensuring the smooth flow of work on job site.
• Install and program new alarm and security systems: must have an extensive background in hardwired alarm systems, pulling wire in commercial and residential environments.
• troubleshoot and resolve issues with all systems - fire alarm, burglar alarm, access control, IP cameras.
• Conduct and oversee routine preventative maintenance on systems
• monitor inventory of service parts.
To perform the job successfully, the applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Understand phases of construction.
• Able to read and comprehend blueprints, project instructions and company forms.
• Responsible for the day to day quality of installations and overall customer satisfaction.
• Installs all necessary devices and equipment.
• Wires up head end panels once trained on systems and experience programming VMS, Access Control, Alarm System, and Fire alarm systems.
• Installs all types of camera equipment.
• Computer Skills: Ability to use a laptop computer to email and program IP addresses into devices and cameras.
• Education, Experience & Abilities: • Must have 8 years experience in the installation of electronic security systems or similar experience.
• Experience installing and troubleshooting access control, alarm equipment, CCTV systems, computer network systems are required.
• Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
• Ability to write correspondence about job progress. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Written and spoken fluency in the English language required.
• Install, repair, test, maintain and troubleshooting of security projects as needed.
• Provide field customer service and represent Procom Security in a professional manner.
• Ensure compliance with all State and Federal and job site safety regulations.
• Knowledge of installing/pulling cable and wire.
• Knowledge of mounting panels, field devices, computers, power supplies.
• Prepare for programming, set-up, testing systems.
• Basic knowledge of electronic theory, and low voltage electrical wiring.
You are frequently required to walk. You are required to stand and reach with hands and arms. You must be able to safely move and lift materials and equipment weighing up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision, distant vision, and peripheral vision. You must be capable of frequent bending, kneeling, crawling and stooping while working. You will be required to work from high places such as roofs, ceilings, ladders, as well as from crawl spaces and other limited spaces within and outside of commercial businesses.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Burglar Alarm License (can be obtained while working).
• Current and Valid Utah Drivers License and Clean Driving Record.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
• Pass a background check and successfully apply for or possess a Burglar Alarm Company Employee License issued through the state of Utah.
• Posting Date:Mar 05, 2020
• Closing Date:Apr 28, 2020
• Pay Range:$68,000 - $75,000 /year
• Category:Construction & Skilled Trades
• Industry:Construction & Skilled Trades
• Education Level:High School
• Job Type:Full-time
• Years of Experience:8-10 years