any other developed country, and yet our healthcare outcomes lag far behind. COVID is a wake up call.
Nomi Health was founded in 2019 as a direct healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: rewire how we pay for healthcare and how it is delivered in order to create the cost-effective -- and simply effective -- experiences we all deserve as employers, patients and providers.
Our COVID-19 public health programs are a perfect example of a more direct, digital-first health care model at work. Since the start of the pandemic, we have delivered several of the very few “burden-free” testing and vaccination programs in America -- not requiring insurance, a doctor’s note or cost. Our programs have supported millions of Americans with digital scheduling and result delivery and 24-48 hour test result turnaround times, as well as mobile-based programs to take COVID tests and vaccines directly where they are needed most. Our operational know-how means we can deliver these programs to local governments, organizations and employers at among the lowest per unit costs in the country. Today, we are focused on locking arms with governments and organizations on effective COVID response programs that help Americans return to school, work and life.
Having delivered millions of COVID tests and hundreds of thousands of vaccinations to date, Nomi’s journey is just starting in delivering integrated care the way it should be. Our mission won’t rest until we rewire health care infrastructure and deliver the kind of health care experience we all deserve in America.
The system must change, and we’re the ones to do it. Join us on the journey.
What Is A Day In The Life?
As the Medical Billing Specialist, you will organize patient medical costs and send invoices to collect payment from payers. Your day will consist of calling patients, discussing payments, developing reasonable payment plans and entering patient data into administrative systems and recording information about outstanding claims in relation to the overall revenue cycle.
• Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to insurance companies.
• Ensure the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date.
• Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due to medical procedures and services.
• Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations.
• Monitor and record late payments.
• Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
• Examine patient bills for accuracy and request any missing information.
• Investigate and appeal denied claims.
• Help patients develop patient payment plans.
• Maintain billing software by updating rate change, cash spreadsheets, and current collection reports.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, health care administration, accounting or relevant field.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a medical biller or similar role.
• Solid understanding of billing software and electronic medical records.
• Must have the ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.
Health, Dental, Vision and Remote Work with a great culture and competitive pay.