Pet Resort is Madison’s premier pet resort for dogs and cats providing overnight boarding, doggie day camp and grooming. We’re located on Madison’s east side on 5 acres of doggie paradise!
We are on the search for the best candidates to join our team of hardworking, fun-loving and pet-loving people. We are looking for a part time or full time Customer Service Specialist, who would also be trained as a part time pet care specialist. The right candidate will be energetic, self-motivated and enjoy a very fast paced environment.
Joining our team means a flexible schedule, vacation time earned at 6 months of employment and anniversary bonuses. Full time employees are eligible for health insurance and 401k.
A Day In The Life
You come to work daily with a smile on your face and excited to help serve our pet parents and their furry friends. You’ll be in our branded gear and help run our lobby and curbside service by greeting everyone as they come in and solving whatever their need is -- check in, check out, answering questions, booking reservations and tailoring our service offerings to their needs. Your ultimate goal is to find out how we can best serve the pet parent and provide them solutions. You’ll use one of your 15 hands to answer phones, take a dog to their destination for the day, hand out some treats or run some credit cards. You’ll not only communicate with the dog(s), but also have a lot of interaction with mom and dad. You’ll document what you are seeing and be ready to share with your manager and the pet parent. And let’s not forget -- you’re probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
Ability to work some shifts starting as early as 6am, some weekends, and some holidays.
Previous dog experience, preferably in a professional setting.
Must be able to work in a vigorous physical manner; standing, walking, and bending for the majority of your shift, and able to lift 50 pounds.
Must demonstrate sufficient dog handling skills (some training will be provided).
Excellent customer service skills and the desire to go above and beyond in customer service.
Natural ability to make customers feel welcomed to our business, and ability to develop relationships with them.
Having a knack for seeing things from the customer's perspective.
The ability to multi-task and enjoy working in an energetic atmosphere.
The ability to learn new computer programs, and basic Word knowledge.
Must be punctual and have excellent attendance.
Professional attitude and appearance is a must.
The ability to communicate clearly both verbal and written.
Previous customer service experience.
We are looking for someone who has a strong work ethic and always ready to roll up your sleeves to get the work done! If you would like to join our fun and energetic team, please reply with your cover letter and resume today!
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance. Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these “lifetime clients”.
- Must be able to multitask and be very detailed oriented. Must be able to start and stop work.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.