within the multicultural hub of the travel industry is more than just a job; it’s a stepping-stone to a successful future within the restaurant and retail business. We are seeking skilled Line Cooks to prepare signature brand foods for our independently owned food concepts.
Our Team Members are valued persons whose individual contributions are integral to our overall success. New members will work closely with supervisors and managers who will invest their time and energy into helping you develop and expand your job and people skills; and pave the way for advancement opportunities. MSE Branded Foods offers awesome bonus and incentive opportunities to our employees as well as very competitive pay.
MSE Branded Foods is always looking to add new talent to our team at our independently owned concepts which include JJ's Sports Grill, Gateway Grill, Caribou Coffee, Sam Adams Bar, and Rochester Mill's Brewing Co. all located on the concourse at the Flint Bishop Airport. Full-time and seasonal positions are available
The Cook and Back of House Team Members are responsible for preparing food for utilization and preparing all food orders in a timely manner according to the company recipes, serving portions and guest special requests. BOH members will communicate with each other and with front of house service team to fulfill guest food orders and ensure the food meets the guest’s expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-
• Maintain a gracious, pleasant and friendly attitude while contributing to a team-work based environment.
• Be customer service oriented and detail oriented.
• Demonstrate ability to comprehend and follow both written and oral instructions
• Adhere to the company dress and appearance policy.
• Ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation of food items.
• Grill, deep fry, bake, broil, steam and microwave raw and prepared food.
• Measure and assemble ingredients and cooked items according to recipes and menu specifications.
• Wash and clean fruit and vegetables for peeling, dicing, shredding or slicing using kitchen hand-utensils and electric equipment.
• Responsible for set-up, cleanliness and organization of the work area beginning, during and the end of each shift.
• Position requires slip-resistant shoes.
High School Diploma or High School equivalency preferred.
Experience in food preparation/service preferred – but not required for consideration.
Will be required to submit to E-Verify screening and pass a background check as required by Homeland Security and/or MSE Branded Foods as a condition of employment.
This position requires regular attendance; the ability to work 50 hours per week is required; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.