and provides service that makes our guests exclaim, “Outstanding.” All Team Members must be familiar with and follow to the best of their ability the Mission Statement and Statement of Core Values.
1. Set high standards of consistency in food preparation and cleanliness, and work steadily.
2. Learn menu items and is familiar with ingredients and contents.
3. Provide service that is remarkable, memorable, and fun.
4. Greet guests by speaking clearly and with enthusiasm.
5. Maintain restaurant cleanliness
6. Use equipment properly.
7. Learn and follow all safety and sanitation procedures.
8. Learn all stations in the restaurant: cashier, dishwasher, expediter, deluxe bar, food preparation, grill or starts, hot bar, salads and sandwiches.
9. Perform other assignments as may be directed by owner, managers, or other officers.
10. Assist other staff in fulfilling their duties as time allows.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. If over 18, must possess or be able to obtain an OLCC Server Permit in order to work in FOH
3. Possess or be able to obtain a valid Food Handler’s Permit.
4. If over 18, possession of a High School Diploma or GED Certificate is preferred.
5. Experience as a waiter or waitress, cook, cashier, or host or hostess, or equivalent related experience is preferred.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Sitting/Mobility: Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Ability to move with purpose around work areas in the restaurant.
2. Lifting/Carrying: Ability to transport supplies and inventory- lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
3. Stooping/Kneeling: Ability to access stock supplies and inventory in low cabinets and shelves.
4. Reaching/Handling: Ability to input information into Point Of Sale and other computer systems; ability to retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies; and ability to access supplies and inventory in high cabinets and shelves
1. Learn to recognize and use safely all equipment in the restaurant.
2. Possess “can do” attitude.
3. Maintain a positive disposition and strive to positively improve the experience of each guest.
4. Set a strong example by being self-motivated, helping other Team Members be successful, promoting self-development, and arriving on time for each shift.
5. Concisely communicate with managers, officers, and other Team Members about hazards, problems, and challenges. Be able to accept constructive criticism and praise alike.
6. Work cooperatively with all personnel in the company to help fulfill their responsibilities.
7. Sufficient command of the English language to be able to read and understand the POS system.
Crew Member is not authorized to make any expenditure.
Requests for equipment, supplies, inventory, and the like shall be made to a manager who will then take appropriate action.
The above information relating to this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this job. The duties and responsibilities of this position may change from time to time with or without advance notice to you.