Leads, Crew Members, and other Team Members to provide day-to-day restaurant management services, exemplary service to our guests, and provide consistently beautiful, delicious, nourishing food.
This position assists the Owner in the smooth and profitable operation of the restaurant. All Team Members must be familiar with and follow to the best of their ability the Mission Statement and Statement of Core Values.
Core Skills in Management
1. Excellent problem solving and decision-making or critical thinking ability.
2. Ability to plan and anticipate needs of the business.
3. Delegate responsibilities as needed to help ensure the smooth operation of the business.
4. Superior level of internal and external communications.
5. Meeting management.
6. Self-management: exceptional time/task management and emotional control.
7. Able to maintain at all times operational excellence within the restaurant: food, guests, environment.
1. Know, understand, and be able to perform every station in the restaurant: cashier, dishwasher, expeditor, deluxe bar, food preparation, grill, hot bar, salads and sandwiches.
2. Oversee and track inventory - daily, weekly, monthly, annually.
3. Order food, equipment, and supplies.
4. Actively manage key indicators of profitability including labor, COGS, utilities,
speed of service, and all other manageable items on the chart of accounts.
5. Arrange for routine maintenance and upkeep of equipment and facilities.
6. Arrange for alternates to cover schedule or fill in themselves when needed.
7. Create and adhere to regular maintenance program.
8. Maintain relationships with vendors.
9. Be able to operate a motor vehicle to perform errands as sometimes necessary.
10. Understand, be able to follow, and be able to explain and train others to a high degree of competency ServSafe standards, HAACP standards, health codes, and company policies.
1. Help recruit new Team Members and monitor and assess Team Member
2. Interview, hire, train, and when necessary, terminate Team Members.
3. Motivate others and retain Team Members who follow Café Yumm! Core Values.
4. Understand, follow, and be able to explain the company’s policies and practices.
1. Ensure that guests are served properly and in a timely manner.
2. Ensure that guests are well satisfied with their dining experience.
3. Investigate and successfully resolve guest complaints about food quality, service, or other complaints.
1. Schedule work hours, ensuring each shift is appropriately covered.
2. Supervise routine food preparation operations.
3. Direct the cleaning of the dining areas and the washing of tableware, kitchen
utensils, and equipment to comply with company and government sanitation
4. Monitor orders in the kitchen to determine where backups may occur.
5. Monitor the actions of Team Members and guests on a continual basis to ensure the personal safety of everyone.
6. Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and local liquor regulations.
7. Work with Assistant Manager, Leads, and Crew Members to remedy any delays in service and production.
1. Assist Owner to keep Team Member work records and forward to
administration office all relevant documents.
2. Assist Owner to maintain records of supply and equipment purchases
and assist finance department to ensure that accounts with suppliers are paid.
3. Tally the cash and charge receipts received and balance them against the
record of sales.
4. Lock up the establishment, check that ovens, grills, and lights are off, and
switch on alarm systems.
5. Competently use company Point of Sale (“POS”) system to place guest
orders, track orders, and more as directed.
6. Track inventory, create schedules, and perform other administrative
7. Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting of POS system and
8. Keep track of employee schedules.
9. Estimate food needs, place orders with distributors, and schedule the
delivery of fresh food and supplies.
10. Plan for routine services or deliveries, such as linen services or the heavy
cleaning of dining rooms or kitchen equipment, to occur during slow times
or when the dining room is closed.
11. Receive deliveries and check the contents against order records.
12. Inspect the quality of food products to ensure that expectations are met.
1. Work long hours if necessary—8 to 12 per day, 45+ or more per week, and
sometimes 7 days a week.
2. Work mandatory evening and weekend shifts to ensure operational standards of quality of service and food are being met or exceeded.
3. Work unpredictable hours.
4. Be calm, flexible, and able to work through emergencies, such as a fire or flood, to ensure everyone’s safety.
5. Fill in for absent Team Members on short notice.
6. Handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities.
7. Resolve problems with minimal disruption to guests.
8. Have a basic understanding of and ability to provide first aid.
9. Represent Café Yumm! with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
10. Adhere to Café Yumm! policies and support Management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner.
11. Set priorities and organize project workload.
12. Perform all other duties as assigned or necessary.
-Discretionary Bonus structure
-Paid time off