Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP Team Members
• Execute the “Server Guidelines to Great Guest Service” per IHOP SOP to ensure a high-quality
• Handle guest complaints in a timely manner, inquire about the quality of the dining
experience, thank guests and invite them to return.
• Communicate guest food orders and service requests in an accurate and timely manner.
• Memorize and apply IHOP terminology, abbreviations, methodologies and plating and
• Comply with SOP methods in regard to guest checks and maintaining cash control.
• Stock and rotate all needed supplies in the service areas and dining room.
• Comply with all federal, state and local regulations as well as the IHOP Safety Manual and SOP
health, sanitation and safety guidelines.
• Clear, clean and reset tables and clean chairs, booths and floors after guests leave.
• Perform all cleaning duties according to posted cleaning charts.
• Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards per SOP guidelines.
• Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant Manager or
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
No prior experience required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to understand oral instructions in English and read English or Spanish well enough to read and understand instructions from supervisors, requests from co-workers and guests, and warning and safety labels.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-step or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Must have current food handlers card.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team
Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand and walk. The Team Member is required to frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Team Member occasionally is required to talk or hear. The Team Member frequently must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Flexible Hours
- Extensive Training
- Advancement Opportunities
- Paid sick time