are looking for talented persons to perform a broad range of simultaneous duties while providing excellent customer service based on the company’s standards. We are seeking skilled Kitchen Cooks and Food Prep Associates to prepare signature brand foods for Steak 'n Shake location at the Student Union Memorial Center at the University of Arizona.
Our Team Members are valued persons whose individual contributions are integral to our overall success. New members will work closely with supervisors and managers who will invest their time and energy into helping you develop and expand your job and people skills; and pave the way for advancement opportunities. MSE Branded Foods offers first class pay along with bonus and incentive opportunities to our employees. Part-time and full-time positions are available.
Kitchen Cooks and BOH Team Members are responsible for preparing food for utilization and preparing all food orders in a timely manner according to the company recipes, serving portions and guest special requests. BOH members will communicate with each other and with FOH service team to fulfill guest food orders and ensure the food meets the guest’s expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES-
• Maintain a gracious, pleasant and friendly attitude while contributing to a team-work based environment.
• Be customer service oriented and detail oriented
• Demonstrate ability to comprehend and follow both written and oral instructions
• Adhere to the company dress and appearance policy
• Ensure the highest quality preparation and presentation of food items
• Grill, deep fry, bake, broil, steam and microwave raw and prepared food
• Measure and assemble ingredients and cooked items according recipes and menu specifications
• Wash and clean fruit and vegetables for peeling, dicing, shredding or slicing using kitchen hand-utensils and electric equipment
• Responsible for set-up, cleanliness and organization of the work area beginning, during and the end of each shift
• Position requires slip-resistant shoes
Upbeat, positive person with the willingness to learn new skills.
This position requires regular attendance as scheduled in accordance with company labor needs; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.; requires the ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability of adjust focus. Must be able to read and write and speak the English language.