family with its team members.
It was born from their Genji Japanese Steakhouse customer’s desire for a to-go option. Many
guests would come to their sit-down locations and order one meal to eat then, and a second to-go meal to enjoy later. The family wanted to offer a quick-service option where their guests could get the food they loved and craved with the same quality ingredients, freshly prepared by chefs in the hibachi tradition, but without the full sit-down dining experience.
We are currently looking for Assistant Managers to join our family!
Managers are responsible for all aspects of the daily operations. Ideal candidates will be excited
to be a part of Genjigo’s fast casual concept!
- Ensures an accurate accounting of all transactions, collections and disbursements, including
- tips and payouts.
- Supervises prepping, assembling, cooking and cooling of all food products to Genjigo recipe
- guidelines and health code specifications.
- Responsible for proper reheating of all pre-cooked, partially cooked, and/or cooked items such
- as sauces, rice, proteins, vegetables, etc.
- Ensures that all stove, oven, and warmers are working properly
- Ensures proper portioning of all food items such as chicken, and vegetables prior to cooking.
- Ensures that all food items are properly prepared, labels all stored items, and ensures proper
- product rotation using first in/first out procedures (FIFO).
- Understands and enforces Genjigo HAACP and sanitation guidelines and specifications.
- Maintains proper organization and the highest level of cleanliness of all food storage and
- preparation areas
- Ensures cleanliness and upkeep of kitchen and equipment at all times.
- Responsible for communicating openly and thoroughly with management, and for bringing any
- and all concerns to management's attention immediately.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required for any member of management.
- Assistant Managers must have at least one year in the same position of line operations experience in the restaurant industry for consideration.
- Food Safety certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Quarterly Bonus
- Annual Bonus
- Tip Pool Sharing
- 48 Hour Work Weeks
- No Early Mornings or Late Evenings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Genjigo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth
or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual
violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability,
military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other