Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the MW will be responsible for a wide variety of activities such as repairs and cleaning to ensure that the WHSE is both tidy and functional. Being reliable and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail is essential for this position and the ideal candidate will have significant work experience and solid technical knowledge. The MW should also have the manual dexterity and physical stamina necessary for this work.
• Assists in the proper upkeep and preventative maintenance of all buildings, materials & systems at the distribution plant/designated building.
• Review work schedule, perform safety check on equipment, obtain supplies required to perform the work and prepare for operations.
• Assist with the installation of necessary appliances and equipment as needed
• Inspects various equipment and building areas, including, but not limited to, air compressors, dock doors, dock levelers, high speed doors, and conveyor, record data from inspections.
• Inspects all equipment and repair or replace as necessary to avoid down time.
• Inspects, lubricates and follows all PM schedules.
• Assist Maintenance Manager and other personnel with installations, modifications, adjustments and replacements of tools equipment and any other maintenance projects as assigned.
• Maintain warehouse, operate power equipment to sweep, wash warehouse floors, aisles, clean-up spills, remove trash and debris.
• Perform scheduled custodial duties, paint, scrape, power wash and other projects as assigned, fill and maintain the cardboard baler.
• Perform light maintenance (e.g., repairing broken locks, change light bulbs, damages to walls, unstop toilets, mopping, trash removal, etc.) as needed.
• Inspects and lubricates freezer and cooler doors and perform needed repairs; maintain inventory of repair parts.
• Report to maintenance manager regarding issues resolved, those needing attention, and those currently in progress
• Assist warehouse personnel, outside contractors and maintenance personnel on special maintenance projects as directed.
• At end of shift, secure all equipment, perform general housekeeping duties and complete all required paperwork.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
o Required Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required Experience: 6 - 12 Months building maintenance experience in warehouse and / or production environment.
o 1 Year Building maintenance experience in warehouse and/ or production environment
o 2 Years Basic Building Maintenance Experience or Vocational Schooling Experience.
Food Distribution Warehouse Maintenance Experience
o Preferred Experience: 1 - 2 Years building maintenance experience in warehouse and / or production environment.
Essential Job Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Duties may be performed in an indoor or outdoor setting. The employee will be required stand for a majority of the shift, to take frequent trips throughout the warehouse and walk up and down stairs. The noise level in the work environment is frequently moderate to loud.
- Able to bend and lift 30 - 60 lbs.
- Able to work on your feet for 8 -10 hours per shift
- Able to work independently
- Responsible and dependable
Full Time Benefits Include:
- Competitive hourly rate paid weekly!
- Many positions qualify for premium pay, such as truck loaders, forklift operators, and freezer/cooler workers
- Opportunity to advance with a growing company
- Annual bonus & safety incentives
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability insurance, for you AND your family
- 401k with immediate vesting and company match
- Discounted stock purchase options
- Paid Sick, Personal, Vacation & Holidays
- Annual employee appreciation events and community fundraisers
At Eby-Brown people make the difference. Come join our team and work with the best!