class team committed to promoting from within and preparing you for a CAREER? If so, this is your opportunity to join the Ruth’s Chris family and join the company that defined The American Steak House in 1965 and continues to set the standard for quality and being a great place to work.
What We Offer: Flexible and predictable scheduling, competitive pay, significant Team Member discounts, competitive health and vacation benefits, an inclusive work environment committed to diversity, structured career development, and growth opportunities.
What We Ask: Come to work each shift with a great attitude and ready to contribute to the success of the team, be willing to learn from your Coach how to excel at your job, and work with us to create an environment where everyone feels welcome and is able to experience the Sizzle that is the Ruth’s Chris experience.
We are looking forward to talking with you.
Guest First Mindset
• Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on the Guest experience
• Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine interest in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for all Guests
• Has extensive knowledge of wine and spirits
• Excellent Guest service skills and a strong work ethic
• Well-organized with ability to take and place food and beverage orders accurately
• Ability to operate point-of-sale systems
• Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
• Handle stress associated with responding to/solving problems
• Ability to take orders quickly and accurately
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time, at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant quickly
• Ability read, speak, write, and understand communication in English
• Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. trays, small wares and equipment) at a minimum of 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis
• Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively
• Must be able to continuously use fingers (e.g. to bilaterally operate point-of-sale equipment, prepare and serve food/beverage items)
• Work is performed in a restaurant
• Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and holidays, as required
• Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, fumes, odors, dust and smoke
• Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree Fahrenheit