you everything you need!
**¡Se Habla Español!**
Being on the Taziki’s Kitchen Team means you get excited about creating fresh food you’re proud of and have a desire to serve guests, making meaningful connections with them. It means you know crafting a fresh meal takes prepping quality ingredients every day with great attention to detail. It also means you collaborate and communicate well with your team in a fast-paced setting to create a great working environment.
WHAT YOUR TEAMMATES SAY
“I enjoyed working at Taziki's. I was friends with all of my co-workers so it felt like a family! I had good pay and great hours! I enjoyed learning how to do a lot of things in the kitchen!”
“It has been by far my favorite job. I love the brand and what Taziki's stands for. The food is all fresh every day, everything is made that morning.”
A DAY IN YOUR TAZIKI’S LIFE
As a Kitchen Team Member, your day starts with the heart of what we do – prepping fresh ingredients to become extraordinary meals. Say good morning to your team, grab your prep sheet, and dive in. You’ll spend a couple of hours checking the quality of your products and following the recipes for your station, and (as is the Taziki’s way!) cleaning your dishes and your station as you go. Before the doors open for lunch, you’ll work as a team to prepare catering orders and then set up your station on the line. Next, you’ll welcome guests (say hello!) and make fresh meals to order alongside your line team for both Dine-In and Take-Out. Once the rush has passed, you may have a bit more prepping to do to set up your evening team, you might run the line with your manager during our “Thru” period, or you might grab a tablet and do some online training courses to learn a new station or aim for a leadership role.
If you’re on the evening team, you’ll check your station when you arrive in the afternoon to make sure you’re set for dinner service. Get the hand-off from your morning team and see if you have any items to prep. You’ll welcome our dinner guests and produce lots of delicious meals for families to take home with our popular Off-Premise options. As the night winds down, you’ll clean and organize your products and equipment, making sure all is good to go for the busy morning crew. Say goodnight to your team, be proud of all the people you fed today, and come back tomorrow to make it happen again!
Positions can include these Stations - Prep, Salad, Grill, Roll-Up and Expo
- Set up and stocking of stations with all necessary supplies
- Proper food handling and storage of food products with minimal waste
- Menu and product knowledge
- Maintaining proper hygiene, uniform and appearance
- Preparing fresh food items daily and accurately by following our recipe screens
- Managing orders efficiently
- Maintaining Health Department Standards throughout each shift
- Cleaning and maintaining kitchen, dish and prep areas
- Performing shift side work to include opening and closing duties
- Completing all course certifications for Kitchen Team Members in our online training platform
- Understand and abide by all company standards and policies (provided in your handbook)
- Flexible work schedule
- Training Program
- Discounted Meals
- Exciting and dynamic work environment
- Opportunities for growth and a promising career path through a commitment to ongoing training
- Previous cooking experience preferred
- Proper Knife Skills
- Ability to operate all necessary kitchen equipment
- Good communication skills
- Must obtain a Food Handler’s card
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with the team as necessary
- Strong work ethic with passion and urgency
- Dependable and reliable
- Work flexible schedule
- Professional attitude and respect for coworkers, establishment, and the brand
YOUR WORKING CONDITIONS/HOURS
You'll work in a typical restaurant kitchen environment which includes but is not limited to using equipment such as: flattop and char grill, oven, slicer, mixer and food processor. Hours will vary and may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
YOUR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Being a part of the Taziki’s Kitchen Team requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and the ability to lift products and supplies weighing 40-60 pounds to chest height without injury, as well as repetitive hand and wrist motion. It also requires accuracy and speed in executing orders to standards.
We believe that great food brings people together and we aim to help people and communities flourish, or as the Greeks call it, “Eudaimonia”, living the good life. We’re defined by sourcing authentic ingredients and serving made-from-scratch meals that nourish our guests daily without the use of fryers, freezers, or microwaves. We’re a team of big-hearted foodies that function like family to make each guest feel at home. We thrive on the words included in our culture compass: Connection, Challenge, Collaboration, Details, and Fresh. These ideals are executed through our mission to create an environment that combines extraordinary food with meaningful human connection. We’re a rapidly expanding brand, named one of America’s fastest-growing leaders by Inc. 5000 in the fresh-casual segment. Having more than tripled in size since 2011, we’re approaching 100 restaurant locations in 17 states and still growing.
Taziki’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer