Catering Coordinator Job Description Template
Catering coordinators are in charge of planning and managing all the needs of events and catering services. Responsibilities include: communicating and providing excellent customer service, organizing, coordinating an event timeline, maintaining inventory, overseeing staff, and assisting with budgeting and financing.
Catering Coordinator Job Description
We are seeking a catering coordinator that is highly organized, efficient, and punctual to manage our catering and event services. The catering coordinator is responsible for welcoming guests/clients, organizing and coordinating event planning, managing food preparation and presentation needs according to the events, inventory maintenance, communicating with third party vendors, supervising and scheduling staff, and ensuring the sanitation standards of the kitchen.
To be successful in catering coordination, the ideal candidate would be professional, personable, provide excellent customer service, and cost management skills. The ideal candidate would also have relevant work history in the food service or hospitality industries.
Catering Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Welcome and greeting customers/clients
- Communicate effectively with guests and staff with a friendly, courteous demeanor
- Respond to the needs of clients and customers in a timely manner
- Organize a timeline for the event that is smooth and efficient
- Ensure that the décor is properly set up and then broken down after the event
- Ensure that food orders are processed and on time for the events
- Manage inventory of food and supplies to ensure that all the needs will be met for the event
- Communicate and coordinate with third party vendors and external suppliers to ensure the inventory is stocked
- Oversee the catering and kitchen staff
- Schedule and maintain proper staffing for event schedules
- Manage budgeting and assist with financing duties including the food and décor budgets for an event
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance at all times
Catering Coordinator Requirements:
- High school diploma is required and a bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree in hospitality or culinary arts is preferred
- Prior experience as a catering coordinator, or other relevant position in the hospitality or food service experience industry
- Finance or business management skills
- Excellent communication skills and effective problem-solving skills
- Organized and punctual
Catering Coordinator FAQ:
What is a catering coordinator position?
A catering coordinator is in charge of facilitating the catering needs for events. Responsibilities include: overseeing staff, coordination of food preparation and presentation, managing inventory, communicating with third party vendors, and providing excellent customer service to guests and clients.
Is this catering coordinator description customizable?
Yes! Feel free to start with our job description and customize it based on your company’s specific needs and requirements.
What should I include in my catering coordinator position description?
The posting for a catering coordinator position should be informative about the company, and describe what you are looking for in regards to the skills and expertise of the ideal candidate. Expand on exactly what is to be expected of a catering coordinator at your company.