Event Staff Job Description Template
Event staff play a critical role in ensuring the correct and efficient management of events in both public and corporate settings. The primary duties of an event staff worker include tasks such as: setting up stages and chairs, helping guests navigate the venue, and working the cash registers.
The role of an event staff worker can vary as certain events require more planning. If hired to work before an event begins, responsibilities could include: ensuring proper stage setup, setting up chairs and bleachers, or even making sure ground areas are ready for sporting events. For example, event staff who are operating in arenas could potentially need to cover an ice surface to make way for a wooden floor for a court oriented game.
Event Staff Job Description
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with others and has strong interpersonal skills. An event staff employee will be supervised by an event manager who will assign roles such as: a ticket receptionist, guest greeter, inventory inspector, and other duties required by the venue.
In addition to job roles, event staff will likely be on their feet for the duration of an event and need a certain level of energy and enthusiasm to succeed.
Event Staff Responsibilities:
- Setting up necessary chairs and stages for events once unloaded from a truck
- Being responsible for facilitating seating organization in respect to fire code regulations and working as an usher
- Effectively operating cash register systems
- Being assigned various tasks by the event manager
- Facilitating the proper organization and cleanliness of venues
- Upholding any necessary safety precautions
- Providing high levels of customer service
- Performing security roles
- Welcoming guests to the venue and receiving tickets
- Helping to set up sound and lighting equipment
- Serving food and drinks to attendees at the concession stand
- Providing relevant information to event attendees
- Checking equipment into an inventory system and inspecting for potential damage
- Aiding in event packing after the event
Event Staff Requirements:
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- A positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- High energy and stamina
- Excellent critical thinking abilities
- Performing well under pressure
- Ability to efficiently multitask
Event Staff Job Description FAQ:
What Does an Event Staff Position Entail?
Event staff members are part of a larger team that help prepare venues for hosting events from concerts to trade shows. Event staff can work a number of positions in a given night including: ushers, concession workers, security, or ticket takers. In other cases, event staff may be responsible for helping to set up necessary light, sound, and ambiance materials. The goal of the event staff is always to keep an event streamlined and functioning well.
Can the Event Staff Description Be Customized?
Every event staff position looks a little different, so highlighting what makes your position unique will give insight to what your company position looks like. Adding in the necessary duties and responsibilities event staff could be required to help find the candidates that best meet your requirements.
What Details Should Be Included in an Event Specialist Position Description?
Posting an event specialist job position requires you to include relevant company information alongside the relevant qualifications, skills, and qualities you value most in an employee. If you need to explain the needs of your company more carefully, consider what qualities you want to see in the people that you hire. Narrowing in on what your ideal candidate looks like makes the hiring process much easier.