Event Specialist Job Description Template
We are a growing business that is looking for an event specialist to expand our outreach and develop creative marketing strategies and events that will help us reach more clients. The event specialist will help us generate interest in our organization and help us grow.
Event Specialist Job Description
Your main duties in this position are to conceptualize event themes, prepare and manage event timelines, and generate media interest in ways that will make people interested in knowing more about our business. We want a variety of exciting and vibrant events to draw people in and remember us.
You will need to be able to plan events from conceptualization to implementation. You need to be organized and have excellent time management skills. You will be in charge of planning our event calendar and managing our timeline for future events to meet our goals for engagement and outreach.
You will be in charge of finding the locations for the events as well as planning any activities. This will mean arranging for catering, staffing, security, and entertainment. Ideally, you will have superb interpersonal skills to develop relationships with vendors. If the event has speakers you will need to go over any speaker notes. You need to ensure that the event runs smoothly.
This job will require you to be creative to plan different kinds of events and to generate interest for them. We want to draw in as many people as we can to these events and that will require using different kinds of media, including social media, to advertise. You will be in charge of developing the marketing strategy and organizing any marketing material for the events.
You will need to be able to work with others to succeed in this position and be a strong leader. You will be constantly planning, scouting, and managing others. You will need to be able to work in large groups and delegate tasks appropriately. In this position, you are reflecting our business and you need to always keep that in mind while planning events.
You will be in charge of managing the event staff as well. We need someone who plans for every possibility and has multiple contingency plans.
You will also be in charge of setting the budget and staying within budget. You will be required to process payments and invoices. When the event is over, you will be responsible for writing a post-event report which will detail what worked and what needs to be improved upon. You will also need to assess risk and make calculated decisions about the events planned.
Event Specialist Responsibilities
- Creating and organizing the event schedule for multiple events
- Developing a variety of event concepts
- Managing and maintaining event budgets
- Site selection and research
- Coordinating vendors and logistics
- Organizing physical and digital marketing
- Paying vendors and processing invoices
- Maintain relationships with vendors
- Organize security when necessary
- Coordinating with speakers and approving speaker notes.
- Writing a post-event report to debrief what went right and what can be improved upon
- Calculate risks and rewards with big event decisions
- Develop relationships with potential clients to grow our business
Event Specialist Requirements
- A degree in hospitality, public relations, marketing, or a similar field
- Technical skills in budgeting
- The ability to keep all the moving parts of various events organized
- Event planning experience with a background in project management
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye to the small details
- Self-motivated with strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate the proper expectations for the event to a large team
Event Specialist Job Description FAQ
Can I use your event specialist job description template?
You can use our template as a starting point but should customize your description to highlight the unique aspects of your event specialist position. Doing so will help you attract candidates who are an ideal match for your business.
What should I include in my event specialist help wanted ads?
For the best results, consider using the template that we’ve provided above. Start with a compelling description of the job. Then, move to lists that cover the major responsibilities and requirements. Be as detailed as possible so that your applicants have a clear understanding of what you’re looking for.