Catering Manager Job Description Template
Catering managers take charge in the planning and management of catered events. The main responsibilities include consulting with clients to determine their catering needs and then facilitating all aspects of catering the event.
Catering managers take part in ensuring that the client’s needs are followed through and completed before, during, and after the event. When doing so, the catering manager completes necessary forms, negotiates prices, organizes the venue and how services will be performed and provided by the catering staff.
Catering Manager Job Description
The overall preparation, arranging of food and equipment, transportation of supplies, and the supervision of the staff and catering crew are all duties that a catering manager is responsible for. Adhering to safety and food regulations is necessary when managing catered events.
Communication, customer service, and hospitality skills are necessary for managing the events effectively. Researching the latest catering trends to promote competitive catering services is necessary to be successful in catering management.
Catering Manager Responsibilities:
- Consults with clients/customers and determines catering options based on the clients needs.
- Prepares required catering forms, completing meticulous tasks and negotiating pricing.
- Preparation and planning of the venue for the events, including menus, equipment, food, and services.
- Catering managers are responsible to hire, train, and supervise the catering staff. This is inclusive of schedule organization and ensuring proper event staffing.
- Communicating effectively with clients, staff, and third party vendors.
- The catering manager facilitates the arrangements of seating, the serving of food and beverages, and maintaining cleanliness of tables.
- Catering expenses, and accurate records will be kept and organized by the catering manager.
- Adhere and facilities the needs of the food and health industry safety regulation and standards.
- The catering manager will research and keep up with catering trends to promote competitive catering services.
Catering Manager Requirements:
- Catering manager is required to have finished an accredited course in Catering Management, or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Culinary Arts, or Business Management is preferred.
- Catering manager needs to have obtained 3-5 years of experience as a Catering Manager or work experience in a similar industry.
- Needs substantial or expert knowledge of electronic catering management systems. Better Cater and Caterease experience is desired.
- Proficiency, ability meet deadlines, and complete the job within budget in required.
- Prior experience and knowledge of the processes for hiring, training, and overseeing catering staff is required.
- Advanced or expert knowledge of the best catering management practices is required.
- The ideal candidate needs to have excellent communication, and a personable demeanor.
Catering Manager FAQ:
What is a Catering Manager position?
Catering managers are in charge of facilitating and organizing the catering needs of events. The catering manager consults with clients, specifies and sets up the catering needs, makes sure the needs are followed through during the event, and also facilitates the clean-up at the conclusion of the event. Managers also organize seating arrangements, food preparation, and the scheduling of staff for the events.
Is this Catering Manager description customizable?
When customizing a job listing for a Catering Manager, you should include informational descriptions about your company, what the job entails, and what the preferred or required qualifications are for the position. You can also include any detailed descriptions of the expectations for a Catering Manager to complete.
What should I include in my catering manager position description?
The Catering Manager description should include details and descriptions of what a catering manager with your company will be completing before, during, and after events. Also, any requirements needed for employment with your company and for the Catering Manager position. Add your ideas and necessary information for the ideal candidate of the catering management position, with our template.