So many franchise and QSR owners I speak to tell me that growing their business comes with unique challenges they weren’t anticipating. You’re suddenly at a stage where you’re spending more time in spreadsheets and bogged down with paperwork when you should be engaging your staff and charting your next phase of growth.
But when you look into the typical HR solutions on the market, they seem like they were built for someone else. Not only are they expensive, they’re cumbersome and filled with features you don’t need.
Workstream was founded on the belief that the deskless economy deserves better. That’s why we’re excited to introduce new HR management products designed to help your company in its next phase of growth—and give your hourly workers the time, attention, and resources they deserve without overextending yourself in the process.These products include:
- Document and Signature Management
- Worker Records
- Team Communications
- Engagement Surveys
Scale up without slowing down
83% of the deskless workforce still uses paper processes. When you’re doing all your admin work manually, it’s no wonder that scaling up your business can feel like being chained to your desk.
To successfully grow your business, you need to evolve beyond the old-fashioned way of doing things. If you’re finding yourself always stuck in the back office, it’s time to look for solutions that streamline and digitize all those tedious or manual processes.
Workstream’s new HR management tools are here to help you tackle back-office operations as efficiently as possible—all without the clunky platforms or confusing features you don’t need.
- Streamline onboarding: Improve the worker experience and decrease premature staff turnover within the first 90 days using mobile-friendly digital paperwork and e-signatures.
- Make all your documents accessible: Get documents signed and stored without chasing down your employees whenever an updated policy or form requires their attention.
- Keep worker information secure: Close your filing cabinet for the last time knowing you can securely access any worker information or documents you need, entirely online.
Connect with your team often
By automating and digitizing this work, you free up time to focus on your new hire experience—which is pretty important. Just because your company is growing doesn’t necessarily mean your employees will decide to grow with it.
In 2022, only 54% of quick-service employees reached their 90-day milestone before quitting. When replacing an employee costs as much as 60% of their annual pay, focusing on retention is a much better use of your time than chasing down employees to fill out a form—and can help you maximize profits by up to 4X.
With time back to focus on your team, you might be left wondering where to begin. Like any successful relationship, it starts with communication. Creating an open and safe space to share information, engage with workers, and solicit feedback can go a long way in making your team feel comfortable and appreciated.
We’re tackling this head-on by giving you two easy ways to increase communication with your team.
- Team Communications: In today’s world, everyone’s inundated with messages. Cut through the noise with a smart blend of automation and personalization—so you can connect with your team, keep them informed, and increase overall team efficiency and output.
- Engagement Surveys: Collect worker feedback often with automated engagement surveys—so you can address problems, keep workers happy (and make them less likely to turnover!)
Put compliance and back-office operations on autopilot
One of the biggest concerns you’ll face when running a successful business is keeping data secure and documents up to date for your growing team of hourly workers—all across different locations.
The annual costs from U.S. businesses that fail to comply with regulations total around $14.82 million. It’s a challenge many businesses fail to get right, but you can easily avoid it with the right HR tech managing the headaches for you.
Imagine putting your compliance tasks on autopilot. Our platform manages the complexities of HR and tax forms so you can feel confident your business is compliant—without having to become an expert overnight.
- Updated Worker Records: With digital document signing delivered to workers via text, keep records updated with the latest information easily.
- Secure document and record storage: Our SOC-2 Type II Compliant platform means you can trust your data is encrypted and protected from security vulnerabilities.
- Integrated HR workflows: File paperwork and verify worker status on time for tax and government processes such as WOTC, I-9, and E-verify.
The right technology is where the real growth begins
Whether you’re hoping to automate and digitize admin tasks, reduce turnover, improve communication, or all of the above, Workstream meets you where you are. Unlike the expensive solutions made for big corporations, we give you the power to customize an HR tech stack with only the features you need. Because no one else knows your business like you do.
I invite you to explore our new HR management tools and learn how they can help you streamline team and back-office operations. Because that’s really what Workstream is all about: improving technology for the deskless workforce and the people who lead them.
Desmond Lim is co-founder and CEO of Workstream, a text-based hiring platform for local businesses hiring hourly workers. He is a graduate of Harvard University and MIT Media Lab, former Product Manager at WeChat, and investor at Dorm Room Fund. He contributes to Entrepreneur.com, Workstream Blog, and Huffington Post. He splits his time between San Francisco and Utah, and represented the Singapore National Team in basketball.