Fashion Consultant Job Description
A fashion consultant helps clients define, develop, and improve their personal images. They do this by helping their clients pick out clothes to be worn for special occasions and everyday outings. It’s the fashion consultant’s job to pick out styles that are both flattering and communicate the message that the client is attempting to convey.
Fashion consultants can work for individuals and companies. They need to have excellent people skills, as a large part of their role is communicating with clients in ways that help them discover their fashion and image goals.
Qualifying for this position usually requires a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in fashion or a related field. Individuals who want to work as a fashion consultant need to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and maintain a working knowledge of what various brands and designers are doing.
Fashion Consultant Job Description Template
We’re searching for a stylish, hard-working fashion consultant to join our team to help our clients discover their fashion goals and work towards them. The role will involve advising our clients on the clothes and accessories that they wear to special occasions, at work, and in their personal life.
To do well in this role, you will need to have excellent communication skills. You should be able to work with clients who have a wide variety of personalities and are capable of boosting their confidence while they work towards their fashion goals.
We’d prefer to hire someone who has a degree in fashion or a related field but may hire the right candidate without a degree. Send us your resume to get started with the application process. We look forward to hearing from you.
Fashion Consultant Responsibilities:
- Listen to a client’s fashion goals and develop a plan to help them reach those goals
- Recommend specific outfits, accessories, and other fashion items to clients
- Ensure that the pieces and outfits you select fit the client’s preferences, style, body type, and price range
- Keep yourself up to date on the latest trends in fashion
- Maintain an updated portfolio that reflects the looks and trends of the season
- Generate leads and pursue them to grow our client base
- Communicate with clients via phone and email
Fashion Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion or a related field is preferred
- Previous experience in the fashion industry
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Willingness to remain up-to-date on the latest trends in the fashion industry
- Ability to meet with clients and respond to messages after normal business hours if needed
Fashion Consultant FAQ
What tasks does a fashion consultant complete?
A fashion consultant helps their clients work towards their fashion goals. They do this by picking out outfits for them, which match their preferences, style, body type, and budget. A fashion consultant will also spend some of their time updating their portfolio and studying the latest trends in the industry.
What should I include in my fashion consultant help-wanted ads?
Make sure to lead with the information that your applicants will want to know first. We recommend that you do this in a few paragraphs at most so that you don’t lose their attention. After that, create two lists that provide a closer look at the responsibilities and requirements of the position.
Can I use your fashion consultant job description template?
Of course! You should feel free to use our templates in whatever way you think is best. Just make sure that you update what we’ve written to include some of the information that makes your job unique from the others that your applicants may be considering alongside it.