Hairdresser Job Description
Hairdressers help their clients achieve their ideal hairstyle by cutting, coloring, washing, and styling their clients’ hair. Hairdressers also recommend hairstyles to clients based on what they think would work best for the type of hair that the client has and their facial features.
Hairdressers need to keep themselves up-to-date on the latest trends in the hair care industry. They should be familiar with various styles, techniques, and products and be capable of using them on clients with different types of hair.
To qualify for this position, an individual typically needs to pursue some formal training. That’s usually done at a cosmetology school but may also take place at a local community college. Additionally, hairdressers need to have excellent interpersonal skills, as they spend most of their time interacting directly with their clients.
Hairdresser Job Description Template
We’re searching for a skilled hairdresser to add to our staff. In this position, you will help our clients bring the goals that they have for their hair to life by helping them identify the best style for their hair. Then, you’ll wash, trim, color, and style the client’s hair until it meets their specifications.
To do this successfully, you will need to be skilled in a wide variety of hairstyling techniques. You should be capable of using hair straighteners, curling irons, rollers, and hairdryers at a high level. Additionally, we’re looking for a hairdresser who has great interpersonal skills. A big part of your role will be communicating with your clients and helping us sell the products that we carry.
If you think that you’re a good fit for this position, then reach out to us with your resume to begin the application process. We hope to hear from you soon.
- Talk with clients to assess their haircare goals
- Provide hairstyling recommendations and advice to clients who ask for it
- Cut, color, wash, and style clients’ hair
- Clean and sterilize the hair care tools that you use between each client you see
- Use a wide variety of hair care products to help clients achieve their desired appearance
- Offer your clients advice on how to take care of the hairstyle that you give to them
- Help us sell the products and tools that we use to your clients
- Complete administrative tasks around the shop, such as cleaning and scheduling tasks
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of an accredited cosmetology program
- Experience working directly with clients
- Ability to deliver a wide variety of hairstyles to clients
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends in hair care and style
- All state-mandated licenses needed to practice
What tasks do hairdressers complete?
Hairdressers complete tasks related to helping their clients achieve their hairstyle goals. They advise their clients, trim their hair, color, wash, and style it. Hairdressers also spend some time on administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments and cleaning up their equipment and station.
What should I include in my hairdresser help-wanted ads?
Your best bet is to follow the outline that we’ve used above. Your hairdresser help-wanted ads should start with a general overview of the position, delivered in paragraph form. Then create two lists to provide a closer look at the responsibilities and requirements of the job.
Can I use your hairdresser job description template?
Yes, you can use our hairdresser job description template, but we recommend that you add to it instead of copying it verbatim. Doing so will help to distinguish your company from the others that your candidates may also be applying to.