be a part of our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation and takes ownership of area
- Sets up workstations with all needed ingredients and equipment
- Prepares and builds food items according to standardized recipes and directions
- Arranges, garnishes, and portions food according to established guidelines
- Replenishes food items and ensures product is stocked, rotated and unexpired
- Monitors and stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Safely utilizes a variety of utensils including knives
- Follows established procedures to meet high standards of cleanliness, health & safety protocols
- Looks for opportunities to assist fellow team members in an enthusiastic manner
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Less than high school education, GED or high school degree preferred.
Ability to comprehend simple instructions.
No skills are required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must obtain State Food Handler certification within 60 days of hire.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat from cooking equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees will be expected to purchase non-slip shoes due to wet, slippery floors and can purchase through the company at a discount.
Golden Chick is one of the fastest growing restaurant brands in the U.S. and was recognized as one of the very top brands in the country by Nation’s Restaurant News. Big things are planned for the little brand that started in San Marcos back in 1967. Come join our team and reach your maximum career potential. www.goldenchick.com