and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP Team Members and guests.
• Greet guests as they enter the restaurant (within 30 seconds) and seat them as soon as a table is available.
• Rotate station seating to ensure the quality of guest service.
• May handle guest complaints, inquire about the quality of the dining experience, thank guests and invite them to return.
• Handle cash in an accurate and responsible manner.
• Answer the telephone, take messages and take and complete all To Go/Delivery orders.
• Maintain guest checks in numerical order.
• Maintain a waiting list as necessary.
• Check restrooms every 30 minutes to ensure proper stock levels and cleanliness.
• Clear, clean and reset tables and clean chairs, booths and floors after guests leave.
• Perform cleaning duties according to posted cleaning charts.
• Comply with IHOP uniform and appearance standards per IHOP SOP guidelines.
• Perform other assignments or tasks as assigned by the General Manager, Assistant Manager or acting supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
No prior experience or training required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and speak English to understand guest checks, instructions, warning and safety labels and communicate with others.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Successfully complete IHOP training course work as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member regularly is required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The Team Member frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member occasionally is required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Team Member occasionally must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member occasionally is exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.