other developed country, and yet our healthcare outcomes lag far behind. COVID is a wake up call.
Nomi Health was founded in 2019 as a direct healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: rewire how we pay for healthcare and how it is delivered in order to create the cost-effective -- and simply effective -- experiences we all deserve as employers, patients and providers.
Our COVID-19 public health programs are a perfect example of a more direct, digital-first health care model at work. Since the start of the pandemic, we have delivered several of the very few “burden-free” testing and vaccination programs in America -- not requiring insurance, a doctor’s note or cost. Our programs have supported millions of Americans with digital scheduling and result delivery and 24-48 hour test result turnaround times, as well as mobile-based programs to take COVID tests and vaccines directly where they are needed most. Our operational know-how means we can deliver these programs to local governments, organizations and employers at among the lowest per unit costs in the country. Today, we are focused on locking arms with governments and organizations on effective COVID response programs that help Americans return to school, work and life.
Having delivered millions of COVID tests and hundreds of thousands of vaccinations to date, Nomi’s journey is just starting in delivering integrated care the way it should be. Our mission won’t rest until we rewire health care infrastructure and deliver the kind of health care experience we all deserve in America.
The system must change, and we’re the ones to do it. Join us on the journey.
WHAT IS A DAY IN THE LIFE?
As a Software Engineer, you will work in Golang to create solutions that will make a difference
in the healthcare system. You will assist us with design, development and installation of software
solutions. Your duties will include development, writing code, and documenting functionality
using Go, Python and Terraform.
You will work closely with our founders, engineering team and other key leaders to build high quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design for a modern software payment application system for employee healthcare, doctors and patients. Traditional health insurers have been around for nearly a century and take more of your money than to your care. Your job will be to help fix this problem. 30% of the dollars spent in healthcare don’t go to care, but to the insurance behemoths and middlemen in between. Ultimately, you will make the Nomi Health product user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain doctors and patients/employees and save people money.
With that, you’ll contribute to a compelling need to making healthcare digital with easy access to
real data and understandable actions and costs.
OK, HOW ABOUT A FEW SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Participate in full lifecycle software development
• Produce quality code from specifications and technical designs
• Create code with robust, automated unit tests
• Develop infrastructure code to deploy and operate your components
• Participate in team agile processes, including backlog grooming, sprint planning and
WHAT TYPE OF THINGS WILL HELP ME THRIVE IN THIS ROLE?
• 5+ years' experience of working as a Computer Software Engineer or Software Developer using Go as the programming language or a strong desire to learn Go
• Knowledge AWS services including Lambda, Step Function, SQS and SNS, S3, X-Ray and API Gateway.
• Working knowledge of MongoDB or Amazon DocumentDB, preferably with Golang
• Experience designing high capacity applications and with test-driven development
• 1-2 years of experience developing software in Python, Java, C, C++, C#, Clojure or other selected languages
• Working knowledge of GitHub, agile processes, mono-repo and Serverless a plus
• Experience in documenting requirements and specifications
• Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology and release processes
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering OR equivalent experience
• Belief that this American healthcare system can be transformed and medical providers will be at the core
• Contagious passion and belief in what we do
• Knowledge that we succeed and fail as a team
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, Commuter benefits with Great Pay, plus Equity.