with people, and enjoy sharing your life, then working at here may be for you. Besides learning our business and pleasing people with our great authentic sandwiches, you'll learn a whole new level of social decorum to take through life.
Schlotzsky's was built on a strong sense of community and an outstanding commitment to the personal growth of our people. If you enjoy being part of something special in a strong cultural and spirited environment than bring your energy and come grow with us!
- Greet customers, take orders, and serve food and beverages with a consistently positive and helpful attitude, including answering questions about the menu.
- Input orders into a point-of-sale system and accept payment using a credit card reader or cash register, calculating change accurately and quickly as required.
- Work together with the line team to prepare cold and hot sandwiches to customer specifications, while following cooking instructions, safety procedures, and sanitary requirements.
- Use specific kitchen machinery such as knives, grills, slicers, etc.
- Ensure restaurant cleanliness daily by clearing and wiping tables, sweeping and mopping floors, washing and sanitizing kitchen utensils, and servicing restrooms.
- Communicate effectively with team members and management to create work schedules, train new employees, and resolve any interpersonal issues as needed.
- Handle customer concerns and complaints professionally and calmly to resolve problems according to Schlotzsky's standards and policy.
- Maintain a neat and tidy appearance by wearing required uniform and adhering to a corporate dress code.
Schlotzsky's Associates are empowered with the task of delivering high quality made to order foods and providing a clean and healthy eating environment for our guests. Associates are trained to work in one or more stations in the restaurant. Emphasis is placed on "teamwork" and all Associates are expected to accept assignments and follow leadership direction to contribute to the success of the team on a daily basis.
Some requirements include but not limited to the following:
GENERAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be at least 18 years of age in order to operate certain kitchen equipment.
Essential functions of the position include, but is not limited to:
Lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
Lifting a 33 gallon trash bag from trash container.
Standing and walking throughout a scheduled shift.
Bending, stretching and kneeling to reach certain products or clean certain areas of the restaurant.
Performing repetitive hand and arm motions.
Certain job functions require ability to perform repetitive slicing motions with a sharp knife.
Certain job functions require ability to handle hot food by hand for several seconds at a time, throughout a scheduled shift.
Must adhere to strict safety and sanitation standards.
Report to work timely for each scheduled shift.
Arrive and depart from work meeting all uniform and grooming standards.
Must become familiar with and adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
Smile at all times.