know it all!
A Store Team Member is responsible for maintaining customer service as per company standard, cash register operations (POS), stocking, housekeeping, and loss prevention in adherence to all company policy/store standards.
As a Store Team Member at Pet Supplies Plus, you’re PAWsitively passionate about people and their pets. Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity during your work day, you will
• Stop to help a neighbor select the perfect toy for a terrier that likes to chew.
• Review and compare the ingredient labels of several food brands for a concerned cat parent.
• Fit a squirming dachshund with the perfect harness.
• Educate a sixth grader on bird ownership.
• Stock shelves and ring up neighbors’ purchases.
• Feed all the furry pets and make sure their cages are spiffy.
• Assist in maintaining a safe and sparkly clean store environment for our neighbors and associates.
…all while engaging with PSP neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy breath. Are you awesome? No, you are more than that. You’re PAWsome!
A Pet Supplies Plus team member will likely do it all, but may specialize in any of the following areas:
• Processes neighbors’ purchases with trustworthy accuracy and efficiency.
• Provides Preferred Pet Club membership information to ensure neighbors don’t miss any outstanding offers.
• Safely unloads our delivery trucks using the proper equipment.
• Verify inventory receipts to packing slip of invoice and note any discrepancies.
• Stocks shelves to ensure Fido always gets his favorite chew toy and treats.
• Carries bags of kibble, cat litter, aquariums and other purchases out to neighbors’ cars.
• Provides care for pets in our store, which may include cleaning habitats, feeding and handling the animals.
• Answers neighbor’s questions on animal care to help them find or maintain the perfect pet.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store weighing up to 50lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods.
• Ability to climb ladders.
• Ability to bend and kneel as needed to stock shelves.
• Ability to operate all store equipment necessary to run the store.
• Ability to process information through computer system and POS register system.
• Ability to communicate with neighbors and associates.
• Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
• Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock room, and register area.
• Ability to work varied hours/days.
• Must have reliable transportation.