under a heat lamp. In addition to hot fresh wings our sides are homemade. Fresh Cut Seasoned Fries are cut daily in every restaurant from Idaho Potatoes. If you haven’t tried any of our sides you are missing out!
Wingstop’s mission is to "Serve the World Flavor!" Wingstop is the destination when you crave fresh, never faked wings, hand-cut seasoned fries and any of our famous sides. For people who demand flavor in everything they do, there's only Wingstop. We are looking for team members who want to deliver a flavor experience.
A Wingstop cook is responsible to prepare quality food that tastes great and is consistent from day-to-day. This position is critical to Wingstop Restaurants; ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation maintaining the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer; follows and comprehends the importance of proper personal hygiene and sanitation procedures. The restaurant cook must be able to successfully focus on their job in a calm, yet efficient manner.
Prepare and cook to order a variety of foods that require only a short preparation time. May take orders from customers and serve patrons at counters or tables.
Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards.
Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
Operate large volume deep fryers.
Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
Serve orders to customers at windows, counters, or tables.
Clean, stock, and restock workstations.
We are looking for highly motivated, reliable, friendly, and hardworking individuals to join our team.
These positions may be part time or full time, days or nights, weekends, and holidays as well as extended hours as needed. We are open from 11am until 11pm Sunday through Thursday, and until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. Day shifts typically run from 9 or 10 AM until 5 or 6 PM and nights from 5 or 6 PM through closing, but shifts may vary. Employees must be able to stay at least 30 minutes after closing time in order to complete all required tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure that each guest has a positive, long lasting impression of the Wingstop
• Ability to practice safe cooking procedures
• Quickly scan and comprehend the order tickets
• Accurately count the number of Bone-In Wings, Boneless Wings and Boneless
Chicken Tenders needed for each order
• Coordinate the cooking time of Bone-In Wings, Boneless Wings and Boneless Chicken Tenders and fries with the corresponding timer
• According to Wingstop standards; Sauce, Season and package all orders
• Accurately count the cooked Bone-In Wings, Boneless Wings and Boneless Chicken Tenders into the proper sauce bowls
• Cook and prepare Bone-In Wings, Boneless Wings and Boneless Chicken Tenders, and
Fries in the proper fryers and baskets
• Filter and freshen the fryer shortening daily, following all safety procedures and
with proper safety equipment
• Assist in keeping the kitchen clean throughout the shift maintaining clean as you
go and at closing time
• Immediately notify Manager on Duty of all safety, sanitation, or employee issues
• Assist other employees as needed
• Follow directions given by Manager or Supervisor
• Know and thoroughly understand the importance of good hygiene and food
• Ability to thoroughly understand and follow instructions in how to properly and
safely use chemical cleaning products
• Guest service mentality; has a genuine desire to serve the customer
• Maintains a calm, tactful demeanor when dealing with difficult situations
• Manages multiple projects and timelines with a sense of urgency and follow
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Ongoing learner; exhibits insatiable curiosity and an interest in self improvement
• Has an outgoing personality
• Strong work ethic
• Cook and restaurant experience is a plus!
• Food Handler Certification a plus!
- Employee discount
- Free meals
- Flexible schedule
• Professional cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
• Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
• Line cook: 1 year (Preferred)
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize that people are our finest asset. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion or belief, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or sexual orientation or any other classification protected by law.