Human Resources Job Description
The role of a human resources officer is to work with the broader HR staff to achieve a company’s human resources goals. The specifics of this position will vary from company to company. Factors like the overall size of a company as well as the size of their HR office determine specific responsibilities.
This role may include team-building and recruitment efforts, managing benefits and compensation, and more. For example, an HR officer may also be asked to resolve disputes and manage employee development and training.
Human Resources Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a skilled human resources officer to join our staff. In order to succeed in this role, you will need exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Applicants will also need to have demonstrable knowledge of employment legislation and the latest developments in the HR realm.
As an HR officer, you will be asked to hire new employees and assist in training them. You will also be working with the broader HR team to move our company towards its goals in this area. This may require strategic planning, delivering presentations, and tracking progress towards relevant HR milestones.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Recruit and hire new staff members
- Develop training plans for new employees and ensure they’re being followed
- Support the HR team as it works to improve its systems and works towards its goals
- Provide counseling on our company’s policies and procedures to other team members
- Remain up-to-date on all employment-related legal requirements and ensure our company is in compliance
- Maintain employee records, including attendance and EEO data
- Oversee the health and safety of all employees
- Ensure meticulous implementation of payroll and benefits administration
Human Resources Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field
- Previous experience as an HR specialist in a similar-sized company
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts peacefully
- Appropriate understanding of HR best practices and all relevant legal requirements
- Labor Relations certification and additional training in payroll management are preferred
Human Resources FAQ
What tasks does a human resources employee do?
A human resources officer works with the broader HR staff to support the department as it works towards its goals. This starts with finding, hiring, and developing new employees. An HR officer will also be asked to help with payroll and benefits management. Other tasks may include recordkeeping, overseeing health and safety, and monitoring employee performance.
What should I include in my human resources help-wanted ads?
To make your ads more successful, start with an eye-catching general description of the position. This is an opportunity for you to write about what makes the position special. Consider including aspects of your company’s history, values, and culture to attract more qualified candidates for your open HR officer position. You should also include lists covering the most important responsibilities and requirements of the position.
Can I use your human resources job description template?
Yes, feel free to use our template as a starting point for your human resources help-wanted ad. As you put together your ad, make sure that you add as many relevant details as possible. Doing so will give your applicants more clarity around what is required. This can screen unqualified candidates early, ensuring that you only need to review the applications of candidates who are qualified for the position.