Office Assistant Job Template
Office assistants handle a variety of tasks in the workplace. Typically, their responsibilities include organization and clerical support tasks that keep an office running smoothly. They may also schedule appointments, write business copy, proofread many kinds of material, and screen guests.
The exact role of an office assistant tends to vary for different offices and companies quite a bit. Office assistants may handle different kinds of work, depending on who they are working for primarily as well as their individual strengths and skills.
Office Assistant Job Description Template
Our office is looking to hire a qualified office assistant to handle clerical tasks in our office. You will be responsible for handling incoming phone calls and other outside communications as well as greeting clients and office visitors. You will also be asked to handle file management, updating paperwork and other internal documents, as well as perform general clerical duties and some errands.
We are looking for candidates that can write clearly and proficiently in standard word processing applications. An ideal candidate would also be personable with strong communication skills and able to work with a wide variety of other people and personalities.
Office Assistant Responsibilities:
- Handling incoming calls and other office communications
- File management and file system management
- Recording information as needed within the office
- Greeting clients and office visitors
- Updating office paperwork and maintaining office documentation
- Typing in standard word processing software
- Organizing and maintaining community office space
- Organizing and scheduling travel including booking accommodations and reservations as needed by office staff
- Working as an office event coordinator
- Managing supply inventory
- Maintaining office equipment
- Working as a client receptionist (as needed)
- Data entry and management
- Experience as a virtual assistant is a plus
Office Assistant Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Associate’s Degree
- Experience as an office assistant or similar field
- Clear and consistent writing skills and familiarity with word processing software
- Personable and warm and friendly personality a bonus
- Strong communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
Office Assistant FAQ:
Can I Make Changes To Your Office Assistant Job Posting?
Yes, of course! An office assistant is an important member of your team, but every company and organization is going to need something slightly different from their office assistants. You might even be looking for a range of different skills and job responsibilities from your candidates if you're looking to hire more than one individual.
Feel free to add, subtract, or change the basic details of this job posting to better tailor your company’s job listing to the kind of candidate you need. You should be looking for an office assistant that is qualified for their responsibilities and who will be a good fit for your company as a whole. It's important to tailor your listing to help attract the right kind of skill set and personality. That might mean expanding on the qualifications, requirements, or description, so feel free to modify any section as needed.
How can I change your office assistant job description sample to make it work for my company?
There are many options for changing this office assistant description to better fit the needs of your company. One of the most common and effective options is to expand the office assistant description to include more of the qualities you’re looking for in a good candidate. Those qualities could be the qualities you are looking for professionally, or even qualities that you think will help with fitting in with your corporate culture. It can also be helpful to alter the responsibilities list to better reflect the exact job responsibilities you need.