our team members, Zaxby's is a family. So come on in! We're saving a seat for you.
Full-time and Part-time jobs available!
Day Time Food Prep Crew Position Overview
This position is classified as non-exempt and reports to the Assistant Manager and General Manager.
Food Prep Crew members are directly responsible for creating a great guest experience by consistently serving quality food in a timely manner. The timely, presentation of our food to our guest is a standard that we want to go above and beyond. You will receive and stock inventory, prepare, cook and assemble orders,assist in keeping the kitchen prep area clean and organized, and maintain food safety and quality standards by following standard operating procedures.
Guest Focused Our success is linked to satisfied guests. We will keep the guest at the center of everything we do.
Develop Talent We recognize that people are our most important asset. We strive to attract, motivate, recognize, and develop the best, diverse talent possible.
Operational Excellence We execute our systems with excellence. We strive to achieve the highest quality possible in everything that we do.
Continuous Improvement We deliver what we promise but strive to deliver more than is expected. We will embrace change when it allows us to improve excellence.
- Maintain awareness of current promotions
- Enthusiastically represent the Zaxby's brand
- Assist with guest service and front of house operations
- Prepare menu items according to company standards and in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Ensure food and beverages are handled according to safety regulations and guidelines
- Safely operate food preparation and cooking equipment
- Maintain product levels in assigned stations in order to be prepared for immediate needs
- Prepare and cook food items according to company standards
- Accurately assemble and package guest orders
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Maintain equipment and inform management of maintenance needs
- Assist with inventory and storage management
- Receive and stock incoming inventory deliveries
- Hold and store food items following food safety guidelines
- Inform management when inventory is needed
- Clean and organize storage areas
- Other responsibilities
- Complete all tasks with a sense of urgency, in a timely manner
- Work safely and follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 17 years of age or older
- Ability to work 32 to 40 hours per week
- Ability to work M-F and Weekends
- Day Shift Available varies between 8-4
- Night Shifts Available varies 4-close. (limited)
- Sit, stand, and walk continuously
- Occasionally stoop, bend, crouch, or climb, including the use of ladders
- Frequently lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, including lifting overhead
- Continuous use of hands and wrists for grasping and fine manipulation
- Communicate proficiently through speech, reading, and writing
- Maintain effective audio-visual perception and judgement to observe and respond to the environment
- Work in an environment that features hot and cold temperature variations and exposure to food allergens
- Operate and work safely with restaurant equipment including, but not limited to, knives, fryers, and potentially hazardous equipment
- 50% meals when at work.
- Flexible hours
- Room for growth
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee of the month bonus available
- Fun workplace
- Opportunities to advance because we reward great work
Note: Rate of pay depends on experience.