perform a variety of quality control tests/inspections at various stages of the process to ensure products are manufactured to conform with all customer and company food safety and quality specifications. This includes routine observations and monitoring of receiving, storage, processing, packaging, sanitation activities. The QA Technician will make decisions affecting food safety and quality of HF Bread Co products through accurate inspections and documentation. This position will also assist in implementing and enforcing food safety and quality programs and exercising technical expertise, including training and making improvements under the direction of and reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager. Additionally, QA/QC TECHs should be able to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and to increase the company’s overall productivity and efficiency.
Essential Functions including Physical Requirements
Major responsibilities, physical requirements, and core competencies of the position are listed below. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This position will
• Monitor operation processes to ensure all products are manufactured to food safety and quality requirements.
• Perform QC line product audits to include net weight, lot coding, quality, packaging integrity and raw material specifications checks.
• Record quality control checks to assure control points are met.
• Conduct SSOP performance standard and GMP audits.
• Verify the routine metal detector checks.
• Monitor adherence to GMP and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) throughout the facility.
• Proactively address production issues that can adversely affect product safety and quality.
• Accurately and promptly report, record and communicate all findings and non-conformances to QA and Department Management while providing feedback and recommendations as per QA Manager instructions and trainings.
• Conduct follow ups on non-conformances to assure corrective actions are taken in a timely manner.
• Routine participation in internal plant food safety and GMP audits.
• Collect and monitor product samples for Retention Program.
• Assist with quality control data collection using various methods and documentation.
• Use and maintain QC laboratory equipment.
• Place products and raw material on HOLD when required.
• Monitor storage and holding temperatures.
• Complete daily reports to include pertinent QC production concerns and corrective actions.
• Assist in the development, implementation and compliance of Food Safety Programs.
• Assist with annual training of plant team members and training as needed concerning food safety deficiencies/corrective actions.
• Utilize technical knowledge to prevent/identify the root cause of process/product failures and help develop corrective actions.
• Maintains the work area, reports, and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
• Ability to bend, stoop, and twist with repetitive motion that demands the use of fingers, hands, wrists, arms, and legs
• Standing for long periods of time (8-12 hours)
• May require movement of large equipment that weigh 50+ pounds
• Previous experience as a QA/QC TECH in a bakery warehouse with a firm understanding of allergen handling and GMPs 1+ years related experience, preferred.
• Food industry/quality control background and knowledge of HACCP, GMP and SQF regulations is a plus.
• Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
• Comfort with communicating in English written and verbal with working Bilingual Spanish preferred
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including outlook.
• Knows and follows all safety requirements; strives to maintain a safe work environment.
• Comfortable giving and receiving feedback; with a willingness to asks questions and seek direction from all members of management to gain a better understand your assigned areas.
• Competent to work independently within area of expertise.
• Ability to take initiative to solve quality related problems
• Strong communication and relationship building skills
• Teamwork-oriented, dedicated to support the team
• Ability to work within a collaborative and ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated time-management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong analytical and problem- solving skills with proven ability to organize tasks by priority
• Position: Full-Time
• Must have open availability including nights, weekends, and holidays as overtime and non-traditional hours may be required