other duties as required based on the needs of the business. The Sanitation Worker will work in a team environment, or on specific assigned projects. Applicants should be able to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations and to increase the company’s overall productivity and efficiency.
Essential Functions including Physical Requirements
Major responsibilities, physical requirements, and core competencies of the position are listed below. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time; This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned;
This position will
• Ensure safe working practices including chemical handling, including but not limited to SQF, PPE and OSHA requirements.
• Problem solves with all Management Teams by efficiently supporting a variety of needs to assure readiness for upcoming projects by planning work schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
• Daily ensures supply rooms are stocked and maintained in a neat & orderly manner.
• Knows and understands the operation and function of all sanitation cleaning equipment.
• Knows the purpose and usage rate of all sanitizers and cleaning solutions.
• Ensures all personal safety equipment is in good repair and maintains proper usage.
• Communicates with co-workers and supervision all information relevant to the cleaning process.
• Keeps all equipment and work areas clean and free of debris.
• Keeps accurate cleaning records of equipment and areas in accordance with SSOP’s
• Operates sanitation/cleaning equipment
Physical Functions require
• Ability to bend, stoop, and twist with repetitive motion that demands the use of fingers, hands, wrists, arms, and legs
• Standing for long periods of time (8-12 hours)
• Frequent movement of large equipment that weigh 50+ pounds
• Ability to work in variety of physical conditions, such as occasionally working on ladders, exposure to cleaning chemicals, working on wet floors, long hours on concrete floors. Duties may include handling garbage, strongly unpleasant odors, etc.
• Previous experience as a Sanitation Worker preferably in a bakery warehouse with a firm understanding of allergen handling, GMPs, OSHA, and SQF
• Demonstrates basic math and counting skills
• Comfort with communicating in English written and verbal
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including outlook
• Strong communication and relationship building skills
• Teamwork-oriented, dedicated to support the team
• Ability to work within a collaborative and ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated time-management and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to organize tasks by priority
• Position: Full-Time
• Must have open availability including nights, weekends, and holidays as overtime and non-traditional hours may be required