work weekends when necessary and must be serious and mature about employment.
A Packing Associate is an entry level position in our bakery. They are valuable members of the team focused on safety and consistently packing the highest quality product. Packing Associates rotate through several duties including setting up and breaking down the lines and machinery, operating packing equipment, including conveyors, printers, and pallet jacks while working on a continuous packing line. This position requires the ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review daily schedule at the start of each shift to determine the days packing requirements, utilizing this information to set up the correct lines, with the appropriate material, supplies, and machinery to reduce downtime and maximize efficiency.
• Ability to maintain a continuous streamlined process of loading/unloading, and stacking/unstacking of products and boxes ensuring proper packing of finished product from trays through palletization and storage.
• Ensure product quality by visually inspecting for foreign material or product defects by doing weight checks, counts, verifications, and adjusting machinery settings.
• Ability to record information such as down time, waste, order completions, package verification, metal detector checks and all other required data in accordance with product specifications and customer requirements.
• Observe, maintain, and address all issues with leaders and members of management on product quality, machinery, and supplies to prevent and reduce waste.
• Ensure proper bagging, boxing, slicing, and sealing of products according to specs and customer requirements.
• Follow and comply with all safety protocols including those set forth by GMPs, SQF, OSHA, and all other industry standards as outlined by management and the government.
• Maintain a safe, clean, and efficient workspace throughout the day by being clean, having a tidy work area, and being mindful and observant of surroundings.
• All functions and duties following written and verbal instructions
• Maintain a professional and courteous attitude towards co-workers, management, customers, and clients.
• Requires flexibility to fill in for absent positions in production or packaging areas including an availability for other shifts including those on weekends and holidays.
• Requires all positions to utilize basic computer software for scheduling, requesting time off, setting up and maintaining pay and personal information as set forth by HR.
• Previous experience in a bakery or related role preferred but not required.
• Ability to learn bakery packing methods and standards and food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, and storage.
• Demonstrates basic math and counting skills.
• Must be able to stand and walk for an 8-hour day; lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Position will require the ability to bend, stoop, and twist, pull, push, reach above shoulder level, wheel product in, out and around the bakery environment to operate machinery safely utilizing fingers, wrist, hands, arms, and legs.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to frequent changes that occur on the packing line. • Must be able to speak read and write in English.
• Performs other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures as outlined.