not only embraces this culture, but is a team player, self-motivated, takes direction well, has excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail.This is a service-related industry and you should not only be skilled at customer service, but passionate about helping people. As a Pet Host, you are the first impression for our site. The principal duties are to handle check-in for arrival clients, handle check-out for departing clients, make follow-up reservations for existing clients, sell activity packages and daycare on reservations made, greet all guests, clients, and vendors, and handle any general inquiries about the business.
A Day In The Life:
You come to work daily with a smile on your face and excited to help serve our pet parents and their furry friends. You’ll be in our branded gear and help run our lobby and curbside service by greeting everyone as they come in and solving whatever their need is -- check in, check out, answering questions, booking reservations and tailoring our service offerings to their needs. Your ultimate goal is to find out how we can best serve the pet parent and provide them solutions. You’ll use one of your 15 hands to answer phones, take a dog to their destination for the day, hand out some treats or run some credit cards. You’ll not only communicate with the dog(s), but also have a lot of interaction with mom and dad. You’ll document what you are seeing and be ready to share with your manager and the pet parent. And let’s not forget -- you’re probably going to scoop some poop, clean up some pee, go home with some fur on you and get lots of sloppy kisses!
- Provide impeccable customer service by following our Service Foundation principles. You will ensure that each customer is treated with respect and dignity in order to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Answer all incoming calls, respond to voicemails and emails.
- Make boarding reservations; book grooming, training, and temperament test appointments. Schedule daycare reservations.
- Manage cash, check, and credit card transactions and reporting/reconciling
- Gets to know clients and their pet’s names on a regular basis
- Obtain all information related to a pet’s visit; ensure accuracy of all information.This includes client information as well as pet information. Input all information into resort computer systems.
- Interact and communicate closely with other staff to ensure client and pet needs and concerns are understood and addressed.
- Have general knowledge of all services offered at site and be able to provide solutions to the clients needs.
- Obtain vaccination records from veterinary offices and input into the computer.
- Assists in managing waitlists on weekends/peak season/holidays and ensures that rooms are utilized to maximum capacity.
- Act as liaison between veterinarian and customer/emergency contact, keeping all parties informed of ongoing problems when necessary.
- Help initiate “white glove” treatment to our best customers, ie. Call best customers well before peak seasons to secure reservations before we are “sold out”.
- Respond promptly and troubleshoot any customer relations issues, keeping in mind our empowerment goals. Promptly address any uncomfortable situations with customers
- Ensure the facility meets or exceeds expectations with regards to cleanliness and safety.
- Notifying manager on duty or ordering when levels of inventory are low in the following areas:
- Cleaning products for lobby areas and office supplies
- Ensure all common areas (lobby and employee spaces) are well maintained, clean and free from hazards ie: wet floors, defecant, etc.
- Consult with other departments
Work with a team who all exemplify these qualities:
- A passion for animals and animal care, especially dogs + cats. Willing to learn animal behavior to ensure their safety.
- Focuses on safe and gentle handling. Forceful, aversive, aggressive handling, vocalizing or treatment will not be tolerated.
- Customer Service Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to request for service and assistance. Build trust with customers.
- Willing and able to communicate directly with clients, both written and orally, about their dog. Works to make these “lifetime clients”.
- Must be able to multitask and be very detailed oriented. Must be able to start and stop work.
- Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing and grasping.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to handle conflict with tact and diplomacy
- Good team work and willingness to assist other departments as necessary
- Cheerful, friendly, positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong attention to detail, especially where documentation is concerned. Ability to work in computer systems such as Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to take direction well and apply it independently
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, work outside, or in distracting work environments such as loud noise/sound
- Ability to tolerate being in close contact with various bodily fluids and to get dirty frequently
- Physically able to handle dogs of all sizes and to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NVA Pet Resorts is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.