and passion for excellence
A strong curiosity and desire to learn
Punctuality and work ethic
Overflowing hospitality for guests and fellow employees
Passionate desire to learn more about food and wine
Naturally positive and full of humor, always smiling & laughing
Genuine care for other people and desire to help them
Takes pride in personal appearance and uniform
WHY WORK FOR US
Most competitive earnings in the industry for the city we operate in
Employee meal daily
Resume enhancement with a worldwide recognized brand
Fun work environment
Professional and structured atmosphere to work in
POSITION DESCRIPTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Main Responsibilities of a Prep Cook:
● Maintaining a clean and organized station and helping maintain overall cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
● Preparing workstations, cooking ingredients, and kitchen equipment for cooking.
● Cooking and arranging food.
Prep Cook Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced cook to join our team and contribute to the overall excellence of our restaurant!
The candidate we are hoping to employ is first and foremost a skilled and organized cook. We are looking for someone to work as a team player, follow instructions, and help us delight our guests. In addition to cooking prowess, great communication and organizational skills are paramount.
A good candidate for this job is a person with attention to detail who can help keep the kitchen clean while preparing, cooking, and portioning food together with the rest of our team. We pride ourselves on our exceptional service, and we expect nothing less from our cooks. The advantage goes to candidates with a diploma from a culinary school and/or ServSafe Food Safety Certification.
Responsibilities of a Prep Cook include, but are not limited to:
● Maintaining a clean, sanitized, and well-organized kitchen.
● Preparing workstations for cooking.
● Maintaining kitchen equipment.
● Checking the quality of the ingredients.
● Preparing cooking ingredients using various techniques.
● Following standardized recipes accurately and without deviation.
● Manage food storage, stock, and ingredients in accordance with par levels.
Prep Cook Job Requirements:
● Must have prior experience as a cook.
● Must be skilled in operating kitchen equipment.
● Must be skilled in various cooking techniques.
● Must know and follow sanitation procedures.
● Must showcase teamwork and communication skills.
● Must showcase great organizational skills.
● Must be able to multitask and act quickly.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This Summary Overview generally describes key job duties for Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Corporate employees. It is not all-inclusive and a similar job at other Franchise locations may be different.