ensure machinery and parts are set up, maintained, to keep a smooth daily operation. All supervisors ensure QA standards are maintained, all products are packed in the most efficient way possible, and all required documentation is completed and filed accordingly. Manage staff in an organized, and efficient way, starting each day with a plan and setting the team up for success. As with all members of the leadership team, the production and efficiency supervisor ensures that the company delivers on its goal of best product, best price, and best service.
Scope of work
• Assisting, supervising, directing, training, leading and mentoring production team.
• Ensuring staff is upholding leadership behaviors, core values and adhering to strategic and operational priorities.
• Sharing inspiration and utilizes strategic moments to train and educate production staff.
• Ensuring that personnel issues are carried out in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
• Maintaining open and clear communication with the staff, Managers, Executive Directors and Partners.
• Conducting reviews and other periodic employee assessment as needed.
• Ensuring staff is implementing excellent service and hospitality consistently.
• Acting as a role model for staff in professionalism, hospitality, and service.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures
• Performs inspection of machined products, and documents results, and maintains paperwork for parts
• Evaluate and solve packing machinery problems
• Ensures that all safety procedures are followed and all procedures in accordance with HACCP, SQF, and OSHA.
• Work in collaboration with H&F Bread Company leadership team to ensure products quality and partner satisfaction.
• Reviewing time clock and payroll-related forms; discussing exceptions and unusual circumstances with Bakery Management Team, and assisting in approving/disapproving.
• Overseeing maintenance, cleanliness and safety of production area and equipment.
• Integrating and analyzing the operations of production team to achieve budgeted goals and business objectives.
• Coordinate with Management Team to ensure that all production team is fully trained and certified to use all equipment.
• Work in collaboration with Management Team to uphold all certification and Safety Standards (AIB, NSF, HACCP etc.)
• Ensure that production is being processed in a way that maximizes all equipment and ensures we minimize down times and excess labor cost.
• Works with leadership on executing company’s set operating budget.
• Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Make employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
• Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
• Coach and counsel employees; document/discuss performance reviews on a timely basis.
• Perform accident investigations.
• Maintain proper inventory levels.
• Manage department priorities.
• Track absenteeism and timekeeping.
• All Food safety and Compliance documents:
o Pre-operational, Post-operational, and cleaning checklist
o All additional documents as required by SQF
• Quotas / output reports:
o Shift by shift analytics of output per man hour worked
o Analysis per product – maximum runs per hour
• Assist in Inventory reports
• Communication Proficiency.
• Mathematical Skills.
• Mechanical Capacity.
• Technical Capacity.
• Time Management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position requires frequent lifting, pushing and pulling objects that are 85 pounds or heavier.