two-way radio and telephone. Is a member of the Emergency Response team. The Service Express® Agent is a back-of-the-house and front-of-the-house concierge.
• Answers and directs all external incoming telephone calls following Westin telephone etiquette.
• Answers all internally generated guest and delivery-related associate calls.
• Dispatches delivery, security, engineering, housekeeping and others to the Service Express® Attendants.
• Check in guests, checks out guests, up-sells room nights.
• Posts room service charges, settles tickets, completes employee financial and closes day procedures.
• Takes call-in amenity and hospitality orders and organizes deliveries to guests.
• Answers guests’ questions and assists them with their needs, ensuring all requests are followed through and completed.
• Handles guests’ complaints and takes action to resolve problems.
• Accepts and relays guests’ messages, either manually, written or through voice mail system.
• Takes requests for wake-up calls and follows through to ensure guests receive their wake-up call at the requested time.
• Communicates situations where guests are dissatisfied or experiencing a problem and offers the resolution to the Manager on Duty.
• Follows all accounting procedures according to guidelines to ensure proper revenues and payment on accounts are received and credited.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all hotel and area events and activities so that guests will receive accurate and prompt information when requested. Acts as liaison for concierge in their absence.
• Has extensive knowledge of the Hotel amenities and surrounding attractions and provides guests with further information than what is requested.
• Provides a professional and immediate response to guests concerns.
• Greets guests with a cheerful and pleasant voice using guests’ names at least thrice during conversations.
• Uses Westin approved Service Express® Technology to ensure delivery of timed orders and other requests at the designated times, following up with delivery and other staff to ensure completion.
• Performs functions of a concierge, their duties and requests.
• Responds to emergency situations calmly and effectively, according to hotel guidelines.
• May perform duties of Service Express Attendant as needed, such as retrieving, storing and delivering guest luggage.
• Creates an organized, cooperative, and well run work environment by completing shift checklist and following through on responsibilities.
• Helps to identify process problems and deficient areas in the hotel and suggests solutions for permanent fixes.
• Performs other duties as requested by management when appropriate.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
• Be familiar with all seasonal changes and special promotions.
• Participate in sales incentives.
• Become fully cross-trained in areas of Service Express®.
• Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Westin rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
• Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Indoor temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to sit/stand at a desk for up to 7 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
General Skills and Description
High School Diploma
Prior hospitality experience an asset
Skills and Knowledge
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Westin standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.