oysters, crab and shrimp for the seafood industry. As toiling as the work was, every weekend the men would come home with their catch of the week to enjoy – they boiled crawfish and crabs, shucked raw oysters, grilled fresh fish – always with a beer in hand.
In 1995 Yo’Daddy caught the best catch of his life, Yo’Mama. The consummate Midwestern girl from Kansas, Yo’Mama hadn’t had much exposure to such seafood delicacies – that is, until she met Yo’Daddy. But, she did have the natural inclination to have friends and family over for joyous occasions that were always surrounded by good food aplenty. And one thing Yo’Mama does know is how to EAT! With their flair for having a good time, warm hospitality and passion for excellent seafood, Yo’Daddy and Yo’Mama opened the first Boiling Crab in 2004. Now family and friends (and you, too!) can experience the fun and taste of a backyard crab fest in your own neighborhood. Their dream – that The Boiling Crab have the “best tail in town” and be the biggest ass-pinching, head-sucking venue this side of Mississippi – has become
a reality. So come visit your nearest Boiling Crab for bold flavors, fresh seafood, and plenty of Dirty Fun!
The FOH employee’s friendly demeanor is the first thing our guests see, and we want you to make it a great lasting impression! The Host’s main responsibility is to focus on guest seating, greeting, and reception duties, you also will be expected to provide great customer service.
● Six months to one-year previous experience in a full-service restaurant
● Able to work in a team-oriented atmosphere
● Able to learn and use POS system
● Must be a customer service/sales oriented individual
Duties and Responsibilities
● Greets guests and helps get them seated.
● Helps seat guests to help maximize table turnover efficiency.
● Processes orders through the POS terminal.
● Responds to guests’ requests and anticipates guests’ needs throughout the seating process.
● Responds professionally to guests’ comments, complaints and questions.
● Offers a parting comment to departing guests.
● Follows all health, safety, sanitation and security standards.
● Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The FOH employee must be well groomed and neatly dressed in compliance with company dress standards.
The FOH employee works in the climate-controlled environment of the dining rooms, but may be required to walk in and out of the kitchen resulting in exposure to heat and humidity. Hosts may be working on the patio and will be exposed to varying weather conditions. The Host may work with cleaning chemicals. The Host engages in extensive verbal interaction with guests and employees and is exposed to potentially frustrating situations. The Host must work well with limited supervision.
Restaurant FOH employees frequently:
● Stand for long periods of time.
● Walk or run for long periods of time.
● Repeat the same movements.
It is important for restaurant FOH employees to be able to:
● Understand the speech of another person.
● Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
● See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
It is not as important, but still necessary, for restaurant FOH employees to be able to:
● Use stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired.
● See details of objects that are more than a few feet away.
● Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
● Focus on one source of sound and ignore others.
● Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
● Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath.
● Use muscles to lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
● Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
● Pay starts at minimum wage up to $17.00/hour plus pooled tips.
● Free / discounted meals.
● Sick pay according to state / local laws.
● Eligible for employee benefits (medical, dental, vision, voluntary life) if working full time. *Full time employment is defined as working an average of 30 hours per week in a year*.
Employees and applicants of The Boiling Crab, LLC will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.