abilities and business acumen in role of assistant manager. Demonstrates leadership abilities as evaluated by GM/AD/DO and hourly associates. Completed management training guides, has attained business goals as set with supervisors.
Specific Functions and Duties:
Manages Restaurant Environment
1. Ensures prompt, friendly service according to company guidelines.
2. Directs overall activities and performance of associates on a shift by shift basis. Focusing on our one page focus!
3. Breeds a culture using the Vision / Mission statement to guide Teamwork, Results, Integrity, Passion for Service, Fun, Balance, Innovation and being Guest Driven.
4. Ensures the immediate response and correction of all verbal guest complaints to self and staff. Refers all verbal and written guest complaints to GM.
5. Ensures guest contact as a priority with self, utilizing a target goal of 100% table visitation.
6. Enforces alcohol awareness on a shift to shift basis.
7. Maintains adequate departmental inventory levels.
8. Ensures product preparation and presentation uncompromisingly meeting company standards.
9. Effectively schedules associates to meet sales demands.
10. Is responsible to the GM for the development of community and sales building events.
11. Maintains effective safety and security programs according to company policy and government standards.
12. Corrects unsafe practices or conditions.
13. Promotes and manages restaurant organization, cleanliness and sanitation.
14. Performs routine maintenance and immediately informs General Manager of needed repairs.
15. Advises GM of any non- routine situations.
16. Communicates with other managers daily through management log and shift change meetings.
17. Completes all other assigned duties and responsibilities.
Manages Associate Performance
1. Promotes quality recruitment and referrals of potential management candidates.
2. Helps maintain a trained staff through effective use of employment orientation, individual training sessions, asssociate meetings and implementation of company policy.
3. Determines job assignments on a shift by shift basis.
4. Develops an environment of constant development of associates, including informal shift reviews and participates in the development of written evaluations every six months.
5. Assesses the effectiveness of associates, provides candid, fair feedback on a regular basis, and continuously works with associates on their areas of development.
6. Conducts thorough staff interviews.
7. Demonstrates proper execution of training systems as outlined by the company while emphasizing the importance of training to associates.
8. Monitors acceptable associate performance and documents situations that require or could lead to disciplinary or corrective action. Monitors progressive discipline when appropriate.
9. Assures compliance with company policies, practices and procedures.
10. Acts as coach to all associates.
1. Responsible to control cost in assigned department, as well as working with GM to achieve individual restaurant goals.
2. Maintains and controls the assets of the company.
3. Assures the compliance with the local, state and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
4. Reports progress towards achieving restaurant performance objectives at management meetings.
5. Complies with all cash handling procedures.
6. Executes weekly food and liquor inventories/costs at the GM’s request and is accountable for completion.
7. Responsible for preparing and submitting of accurate daily paperwork to the GM.
8. Responsible for EOW, EOM paperwork and duties. (Food cost, Bar cost, Payroll, etc.)
1. Is responsible to the GM for the development of Managers, AMs, AKM’s and Key Hourly Associates.
2. Inspires cooperation and teamwork from associates by breeding a culture derived from our company Culture/Mission / Vision.
3. Is guest obsessed and promotes the team to be.
4. Demonstrates organizational skills.
5. Completes all assignments and duties properly and on schedule.
6. Develops goals and action plans for personal/professional growth.
7. Provides a role model for managers and associates.
8. Exhibits a professional image.
9. Develops self on all store related technology.
2. Must be able to stand and exert a well-paced mobility for periods up to ten hours in length.
3. Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests and other staff members.
4. Transports and carries objects up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
5. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment walking in a brisk manner exhibiting a high sense of urgency for 10 hours.
6. Delivering food and or drink to guests throughout the restaurant frequently carrying dishes and meals to and from the kitchen to our guests.
7. Able to operate blenders, frozen drink machines and other bar equipment.
8. Able to cook at times operating fryers, broilers, flat tops, and steamers.
9. Able to reach and grab products above shoulder frequently.
10. Ability to wipe down table tops, table legs, pick up debris off the floor and wipe down booth seats in all areas of the restaurant